Habitat for Humanity Ethiopia **
AN INTERNATIONAL LEADING NGO BASED IN ETHIOPIA
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort on a community farm in southern Georgia. The organization has since grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in nearly 1,400 communities throughout the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries. Families and individuals in need of a hand up partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
Habitat for Humanity Ethiopia (HFHE) started operation in 1993 as a branch of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI). HFHE has provided simple, affordable shelter for families in Ethiopia while also working to improve Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and empower Vulnerable Groups in the country.
1. Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager (MEAL)
The MEAL Manager is responsible to lead and manage the works of Monitoring and Evaluation Learning and accountability work of all on going, past and future projects in Habitat for Humanity Ethiopia. He or she will be responsible to plan design and manage baseline studies, need assessments, evaluations, production sharing and documentation of learning documents and institute Accountability frameworks and systems in all projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage and lead regular data collection on need through Desk top research and using implementing partners and ensures quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- Develop systems and maintain UpToDate statistical data on all project intervention areas and specific required information’s as need arises
- Develop TOR for need assessments, baseline surveys and evaluations through inputs as well from program Team
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- Analyze and discuses findings based on regular Monitoring data with program team
- Lead the inception and implementation M&E activities on all projects and share evidence-based recommendations to the Program department and relevant Project Manager and Partners upon in house validation before sharing
- Provide technical support to projects and programs to improve the performance by generating evidence including best practice and lesson learnt
- Develop user friendly tools for regular reporting on projects with participation from program and Finance team
- Develop tools for program quality monitoring and program quality review with inputs from program team.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to monitoring and evaluation system.
- Support partners/government stakeholders in conducting midterm and final evaluations
- Ensure appropriate budget is included in any grants and projects for Monitoring and Evaluation and documentation learning activities
- Participate actively in business development, in grant writing with focus on ensuring framing of objectives, indicators. LFA, M&E plan and budget for projects and grants
- Plan, and produce case stories in various forms (Feature stories, Video clips, pictures) for documenting best practices in all projects
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with project LFA and consulting with program team and partners
- Use, adopt and update HFHI MEAL handbook in mainstreaming MEAL in HFHE projects
- Initiate, plan, and implement new need assessments and bassline data for future project design
- Participate in new community selection for project intervention
- Maintain and monitor end user documentations and beneficiary lists on all projects
- Supervise the work of MEAL officer
- Work closely with program Manager and projects leads in designing projects and proposals, Monitoring and evaluation plans and activities
- Share learning from M&E process and outputs with the wider team
- Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects
- Promote culture of two-way learning in the organization
- Disseminate research and best practice in wider environment
Partnership Internal & External
- Works with cross functional team across HFHE & HFHI, key government and community partners as well as NGOs…
· BSc preferably master’s degree in Demography, Sociology, Economics, Statistics or development study or related field
· 3 years’ experience in MEAL managing and related research activities.
· Knowledge of STATA, SPSS software
· Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning
Terms of employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Addis Ababa with frequent project visits.
Required number: – 1
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications as below:
- Application letter that explains why you fit for the post; and should be quoting “MEAL Manager – Habitat for Humanity Ethiopia” in the subject line.
- Updated CV not more than 4 pages maximum
- Three work related referees including one must be last immediate supervisor with their details of name, position, contact phone and email should be indicated on the application letter
- All material sent to Human Resources Department, by email through [email protected]
- Application will be checked on rolling basis until Habitat found adequate applicants that meets the requirement for the post.
- Those who does not fulfill the above requirement will not be considered for next steps and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.
Closing date: – February 06, 2022
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Habitat for Humanity Ethiopia has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of partner families and all staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility, and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that protects principles of PSEA, at all times (both during work hours and outside work hours).
- Job City Addis Ababa