JOB TITLE: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Intern
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Development and Quality
LOCATION: RO Senegal
DURATION: 6 months, with possible extension
GRADE: NAT 7
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Internship
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
The MEAL function is part of the Program Development and Quality department in the Regional office that supports country programs to embed MEAL systems so as to drive program quality improvement, generate evidence of the impact of our work and foster learning.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity for a young dynamic upcoming professional seeking to obtain on the job experience in MEAL while working with a motivated multinational team. It requires a dedicated and highly motivated individual who is willing to learn at the same time offer creative ideas to achieving the goals of the MEAL initiative projects-on-track (PoT). The purpose of PoT is to be able to measure progress and effectiveness of our projects and use this for management decision making. It measures achievement of project outputs vs targets (i.e. “are we doing what we said we would do?”) and achievement of project outcomes vs targets (i.e. “are we effective, making a difference to children’s lives as expected?”). Using these analytics will show whether projects are on track to planned results and support results-based decision making, learning and adaptive management of our work for children.
Reports to: Regional Evidence & Learning Manager
- Plan, coordinate and consolidate data in collaboration with eight country offices to facilitate analysis and reporting.
- Provide proactive follow-up and hands-on support to country offices to ensure availability of adequate data.
- Undertake data quality assurance procedures.
- Coordinate and organize learning meetings including virtual meetings like webinars.
- Consolidate learnings from the region and work with the regional manager to disseminate them in the region.
- Any other duty and assigned by supervising manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in the fields of social development, statistics or other relevant fields
- Very high computer literacy (MS Word and Excel)
- Strong written and verbal language skills in English & French
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in networks and communities of practice, both face-to-face and remotely
- Strong communication skills
- Training in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning and Knowledge Management (desirable)
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Job City Senegal