This is an exciting opportunity for young dynamic upcoming professional seeking to obtain on the job experience in MEAL while working with a motivated multinational team. It requires a dedicated and highly motivated individual who is willing to learn at the same time offer creative ideas to achieving the goals of MEAL. The MEAL function is part of the Programs and Sponsorship department in the Country office that supports implementing partners and country programs to streamline the standardization of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support partners in developing annual operating plans and budget, monitoring and data collection plans and methodologies, including appropriate tools.
- Support to oversee quality implementation of M&E activities at partners level and projects to meet ChildFund International standards.
- Support external consultants’ baseline, surveys, mid-term evaluations, specialized studies and final evaluations to include sampling methodologies, data collection instruments, analysis and report development
- Provide support for annual reviews and reflections with implementing staff and communities and analyze data trends towards objectives achievement
- Support in ensuring quality of existing data, sources and methods of data collection.
- Collaborate with CO and local partners in documentation, learning and sharing and promoting further standardization on how we work.
- Perform any other duties related to MEL as maybe assigned to you.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Be a recent (Class of 2021/22) University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Knowledge Management or Project Planning and management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in networks and communities of practice, both face-to-face and remotely
- Intermediate or advanced Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point)
- Strong written and verbal language skills in English & Swahili
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Team working skills
- Strong willingness and ability to learn, work under pressure
- Knowledge of mobile data applications such as CommCare, KOBO Collect, ODK
- Knowledge or familiarity with project cycle management
- Organized and able to manage own time under guidance and direction from line-manager
- A professional certificate in monitoring and evaluation
- Database management skills
- Familiarity with information management systems and data visualisation skills applications such as Power BI, Advanced Excel.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their Application letter, CV, National ID copy and relevant certificates to [email protected] to reach us not later than Tuesday, 31 January 2023.
ChildFund Kenya is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Beware of scams – ChildFund Kenya does not ask for payment at any point during our recruitment process.