MONITORING & EVALUATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
South Sudanese Nationals only
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Germany (VSF-G) is an international Non-Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. VSF-G supports in animal health, livestock related agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, capacity development of communities and governmental institutions, peace and conflict resolution with the ultimate aim of livelihood security of pastoralist communities. In the region VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of South Sudan, Kenya, Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia.
VSF-Germany has been in South Sudan since 1998 covering the States of Upper Nile, Jonglei, Warrap, Eastern Equatoria, Western Bar el Ghazal and Lakes State, supporting emergency and recovery programmes alongside communities in the said States. In August 2022, VSF-Germany signed a 6-year contract with the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) to lead the implementation of South Sudan Livelihoods and Resilience Project (SSLRP) designed to cover 15 Payams in the 3 States of Central Equatoria, Eastern Equatoria and Jonglei. The specific purpose of the project is to improve food and nutrition security of the benefiting households through improved farm production and income. To do so, the project adopted a community-driven development (CDD) as an approach that will contribute to improved food and nutrition security of the primary target groups, who are considered food insecure smallholder producers found in 15 Payams in the 5 selected Counties and are engaged in fishing, cropping, and livestock production, and they specific attention to facilitate their social integration in agricultural production and economic activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for all planning, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and communication. He/she will directly report to the Project Manager.
This position is based in Juba. The post holder will be responsible for successful implementation of South Sudan Livelihoods and Resilience Project (SSLRP) in Bor, Terekeka, Torit, Magwi and Kajo Keji.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of, and manage the M&E system taking into account the Government monitoring frameworks, IFAD Results and Impact Management Systems (RIMS) and SSLRP objectives;
- Develop and implement Knowledge Management and Communication Strategy to ensure systematic, continuous learning, improvement and knowledge sharing;
- Oversee preparation of and consolidate inputs to the AWPBs, including arranging stakeholder review workshops;
- Facilitate SSLRP’s annual review workshops, outcome assessment studies, Mid Term Review and completion review. Establish the timings and agendas for annual participatory monitoring workshops, including arrangements for ensuring adequate representation of all participants, the target groups including women and youths;
- Develop an M&E service pack (reporting formats for data and narrative) for service providers, and assess and develop trainings in data collection tools as needed, to ensure that appropriate measures are established and implemented by service providers to provide sufficient basis for review of SSLRP implementation and for monitoring changes seen on the ground;
- Coordinate reports from service providers for quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports;
- Manage special studies to be undertaken, including preparation of ToRs and overseeing the work of the consultants;
- Liaise with the financial controller to link physical and financial progress data;
- Monitor implementation processes and performance, and assess outputs and outcomes. He/she will ensure that all M&E indicators are gender and age disaggregated, and that SSLRP reports identify separately the number of male, female and youth beneficiaries, the nature of their participation and the ways in which they have benefited from the Project;
- Preparation and submission of routine and ad-hoc progress reports to MAFS and IFAD; and
- Carry out any other activities that are assigned by the Project Manager.
- Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural economics, economics or equivalent management qualification and specific training in M&E;
- At least eight years of work experience, including at least four years working with knowledge management, planning, M&E and/or MIS in government/donor projects or large institutions, with knowledge of logical framework projects and participatory systems;
- Ability to set up and follow through on a monitoring system in a complex environment, and capacity to design and carry out relevant field level verification and other data validation tools;
- Computer-literate and well-versed in the use of Word, Excel and statistical programmes, such as SPSS, Stata, ETC.;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to take initiatives and work under a minimum of supervision, but also to work effectively as a member of a team; and
- Strong managerial skills and demonstrated capacity to manage people and interact with a wide range of private sector partners, public sector representatives, and development partners.
- Job City Juba