Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer supports the design, develop and implement effective systems to monitor progress, impacts, and successes of project activities and performance across all country projects. S/he supports the collection, analysis and processing of complex data related to all aspects of program activity implementation. S/he will also support the preparation of impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and need assessments to identify necessary changes and future project opportunities.
Position in the Organisation
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer reports to the Regional PMEL Manager. At country office level S/he reports also to the Country Manager on daily Operations. S/he also works closely with the regional programming team and the Network.
- Develop /draft the M&E framework for country projects to ensure that they meet donor requirements and maximizes evidence generation.
- Implement efficient and logical data flow systems that build off of existing national data collection mechanisms and ensure timely gathering of project data.
- Institute data quality assessments and other data quality assurance measures to ensure data collected for the country projects are accurate and reliable.
- Collaborate with regional project teams, and assist them in successful implementation.
- Data collection, verification and supporting in report writing for all country programs.
- Support in training projects partners on data collection, project monitoring and evaluation.
- Support country programme managers in the development of proposals, specifically the theory of change and measurement plans.
- Assist the Country Manager in managing the portfolio of projects and administration of projects in Salesforce system.
- Work in close cooperation with relevant managers to meet the monitoring and evaluation needs of the donors and business partners.
- Closely monitor and report on the results and progress made with regard to the project implementation and provide feedback to the Regional PMEL Manager and regional staff.
- Work closely with the Regional PMEL Manager and support the preparation of quarterly, annual, planning and progress reporting.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in monitoring & evaluation, quality management, and introduce them to the organization.
- Support in communicating programme impact.
- Prepare budgeting for PME programmes as well as additional fundraising for monitoring and evaluation.
Knowledge and experience
- Master or higher – in relevant field (e.g. Agriculture, Public Policy, Development Studies, Social Science, Project Management, Strategic Management etc.) preferably with specialization in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- A minimum of seven years of work experience with at least three (3) years of managerial experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in an INGO (essential).
- Experience in Project Management monitoring and evaluation tools, systems and technology.
- High level proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis, experience of proficiently operating M&E software.
- Demonstrable experience of designing M&E tools, surveys, and evaluations.
Specific job requirements
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity.
- Strong leadership, strategic planning and management skills with an ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities.
- IT literate (word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation).
- Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform without close supervision.
How to apply
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their cover letter, CVs and salary expectation to:
Emails: [email protected]
The CVs will be evaluated as they are received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Ethiopia