Finn Church Aid – Action for Human Dignity Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organization and the second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. We operate in 15 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
Finn Church Aid Kenya is looking for a
Meal Assistant – 1 Position
Duty Station: Marsabit
Reports to: Senior Education Specialist
S/he will support project staff in implementing the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) procedures and practices; including activity monitoring, accountability initiatives, support assessments and M&E tools. The position holder will foster the documentation of learning processes.
- Work closely with project officers to assist with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports
- Conduct and support regular surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Assist in the preparation of project evaluation reports and draft the regular projects’ M&E report
- Assist in the establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system
- Assist with documentation of the projects, including project inputs and outputs (e.g. assessments, compiling beneficiary lists, recording construction progress, education activity attendance, etc.)
- Assist in data analysis for compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports
- Maintain and update the area M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing
- Assist in making data entry forms and reports as required.
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; and prepare the required of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or other related field.
- Qualification in Community Development or Project Management
- Proven experience in implementing effective M&E tools and systems.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience in a humanitarian context, with at least 2 years management experience in preferably Protection, Education and Sustainable Livelihoods programs in INGO context.
- Possess working knowledge and experience of humanitarian principles, laws and standards – Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Sphere Minimum Standards, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Rights Based Approach (RBA) and Gender Age Marker.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive socio-political situations and working and living under pressure in unstable security environments and with long and irregular working hours.
- Experience with Online Data Collection tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and related accountability investigations.
- Strong representation and negotiation skills in working with UN organizations, partner agencies, Government departments and community groups.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suit applications.
- Excellent team player with demonstrated ability to forge/mentor strong teams.
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] stating the vacancy job title in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is 23rd September, 2022
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications