SHARPE promotes increased refugee self-reliance and generates economic opportunities for host communities through catalytic investment in eight strategic engagement areas (sectors and subsectors): cereals, horticulture, livestock, poultry, fisheries, finance & business services, labour market development and aid. These investments will help expand or reform regional markets for food stuffs, financial and business services and (self) employment in Jijiga, Dollo Ado and Gambella. They will also support humanitarian aid delivery in support of regional markets. Growth should be inclusive of host and refugee communities, fostering increased resilience and self-reliance.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Working closely with the Monitoring Results and Learning (MRL) Lead, the Monitoring Results and Learning Officer will help to institutionalise credible and timely reporting and tracking of results generated by the MRL system – from output through to outcome and impact levels across all interventions. S/he will support the development of intervention level MRL systems, support interventions record and update results measurement plans and results summary templates. S/he will support SHARPE’s research agenda by helping to identify and document lessons learned and contribute to a learning culture within the organisation. S/he will also provide oversight and quality assurance of all aspects of data flow and manage aggregation of results into the SHARPE Aggregation Sheet – this will include data on gender, age, ethnicity, location and disability.
Intervention Level Results Tracking and Measurement
- Support the Monitoring, Results and Learning (MRL) team to build a robust MRL system for every new intervention that ensures timely tracking of results at different levels (output, outcome and impact).
- Manage SHARPE Aggregation Sheet and aggregate intervention level results at the level of the portfolio – and shows the growth of the SHARPE portfolio over time, and progress towards achieving Logframe targets. In particular show insights into inclusiveness around gender, refugee status, ethnicity, age and disability.
- Work with PMTs to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for effective monitoring of progress, to enable identification of gaps, challenges and future strategies. This includes the construction of an MRL system and tools to monitor progress towards inclusion targets (gender, ethnicity, age, refugee/host status, disability).
- As part of the SHARPE MRL team support work-planning events, quarterly reports, portfolio reviews and annual reviews – with a particular focus on reporting progress against logframe and milestone targets.
Monitoring Results and Reporting
- Support PMTs to maintain and update intervention Partnership Guides based upon data submitted from intervention partners.
- Ensure date disaggregation and assess the degree to which gender, ethnicity, refugee status, age and disability related objectives are being met.
- Ensure all data and reporting templates are submitted in line with the progress of intervention and are in line with the logframe reporting requirements.
- Together with Communication & MRL Manager carry out regular data quality assessments, based on agreed indicators.
- Provide timely feedback to PMTs to ensure they are informed on intervention level progress to allow them to take remedial action where needed.
- Review quarterly progress reports from intervention partners and ensure they are in-line with reporting guidelines.
- Collaborate with Communication & MRL Manager to aggregate and collate results data from interventions into a programme level portfolio report for quarterly and annual reporting; including portfolio review purposes.
Assessments, Surveys and Research
- Support the MRL Lead in ensuring that all intervention level measurement events (baselines, impact assessments, surveys, end-lines) adhere to the guidelines in the MRL manual.
- Support PMTs to conduct field level surveys and assessments, including development of research tools where required.
- Help to recruit, train, supervise and support field level researchers as and when required.
Learning and documentation
- Support Communication and MRL Manager report, develop and implement the SHARPE learning agenda.
- Support Communication and MRL Manager identify, through the review and synthesis of reporting data, key lessons to support SHARPE’s reporting and knowledge management agenda.
- Support MRL team circulate internal lessons throughout SHARPE’s hubs and across the teams frequently, including facilitating information sharing, and coordination between the different SHARPE teams.
- Support MRL team promote a learning and knowledge sharing culture within SHARPE through monthly progress meetings, quarterly portfolio reviews and bi-annual portfolio reviews, including staff technical meetings.
- The Monitoring Results and Learning Officer will report to MRL Lead.
- The Monitoring Results and Learning Officer is based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel required to SHARPE’s regional hubs in Jijiga, Dollo Ado and Gambella.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, economics, demography or development studies.
- Certificate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in research design and management including data processing & analysis and report writing.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical packages and/or data analysis software.
- At least 5 years’ practical M&E experience.
- Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should submit their CV and cover letter after filling the application form from the link below:
Note: Failure to fill the form will result in immediate disqualification of application
Please make sure you state the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.
- Job City Addis Ababa