Desired start date: 01/03/2022
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Palma Mozambique
ABOUT THE MISSION
Solidarités International intervened in Mozambique in March 2019 for a few months following the passage of Cyclone Idai, which hit the Province of Sofala and the city of Beira hard. Operations were suspended after the emergency phase and the mission closed. The evolution of the situation in Cabo Delgado province, hit by several cyclones and severely affected by the violent actions of armed groups claiming to be IS, which caused the displacement of nearly 700 000 people, led to an assessment in May 2021 and to the reopening of the mission. The assessment, carried out in the most affected district highlighted needs, particularly in the WASH sector, and the lack of emergency actors. The mission is opening in a complex security and administrative environment, where access will be a major issue.
Solidarites International was one of the first INGO actors to respond to the growing crisis in Cabo Delgado, leading emergency response and distributions in hard-to-reach areas. SI has completed its opening phase, and is planning to scale up and diversify its activities in 2022. A new field base is planned for the first quarter of 2022, and multiple new projects are opening. The Mueda field base will be expanding considerably in the first half of 2022, and the admin manager will be a critical role in this process.
ABOUT THE JOB
Specific stakes and challenges
The base will be scaling up very quickly – in terms of financial volume (multiple donor budgets, complex financial coverage) and team set up (important amount of recruitment, challenges of set up / onboarding / team organization)
- The base remains a young base with issues of processes implementation and enforcement, administration (and other teams) capacity building
- Cash management and payment system to be strengthen (independence of the base, delegation of transactions preparation to assistants…)
- A high amount of archiving will need to be done, as filing has been inconsistent
Priorities for the 2/3 first months :
- Support with recruitments for new projects upon contract approval
- Capacity build admin assistant at Mueda level
- Recruit and train other admin and finance staff, as required
- Enforce priorities administrative procedure
- 1 year minimum experience required in administrative management (or as an assistant of administrative coordinator)
- Previous experiences in the humanitarian field.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Autonomous, organized, ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
- Strong computer skills essential (excel)
- Knowledge on SAGA and HOMERE software are a plus
Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1 800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Job City Mozambique