Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 4 months
Location: Pemba Mozambique
ABOUT THE MISSION
Solidarités International intervened in Mozambique in March 2019 for a few months following the passage of Cyclone Idai, which hit the Province of Sofala and the city of Beira hard. Operations were suspended after the emergency phase and the mission closed. The evolution of the situation in Cabo Delgado province, hit by several cyclones and severely affected by the violent actions of armed groups claiming to be IS, which caused the displacement of nearly 700 000 people, led to an assessment in May 2021 and to the reopening of the mission. The assessment, carried out in the most affected district highlighted needs, particularly in the WASH sector, and the lack of emergency actors. The mission is opening in a complex security and administrative environment, where access will be a major issue.
Solidarites International was one of the first INGO actors to respond to the growing crisis in Cabo Delgado, leading emergency response and distributions in hard-to-reach areas. SI has completed its opening phase, and is planning to scale up and diversify its activities in 2022. A new field base is planned for the first quarter of 2022, and multiple new projects are opening. The Mueda field base will be expanding considerably in the first half of 2022, and the admin manager will be a critical role in this process.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the direct management of the Country Director, the Security & Access Advisor supports the Country Director in the adaptation of SI safety & security framework in Mozambique to the constant evolving context. He/She also contributes to the monitoring of and reporting on the security context. He/She aims to continuously build the capacity of the staff on security awareness and management and to diffuse an adequate security culture within the organization. He/She develops access strategies in all relevant areas of operation, current or prospective.
Monitoring, coordination and reporting
Regular analysis and, when applicable, strengthening of SI Mozambique security management setup
Ensure the constant review and update of SI Mozambique safety & security framework documentation via:
- Conduct security assessments or participate in inter-agency assessments or emergency field visits, as requested by CD
- Participate actively in weekly/bi-weekly coordination meetings;
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the CD
ORGANISATION CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Under the hierarchical authority: Country Director
- Hierarchical report(s): None
Functional report(s): FCAs
Education and experience:
- Univeristy degree in Business/Organisation Management, Security Management, Political Sciences, or related field. Technical degree or certification with significant applicable experience may also be considered.
- At least 3 years overseas experience in volatile security contexts and field locations
- Strong security management skills and experience, international experience is required.
- Previous experience working with INGOs
- At least one year working within Access, Security, or Operations/Logistics for humanitarian INGOs
Skills and qualities:
- Experience in security management;
- Experience in capacity building and training
- Understanding of local context and dynamics
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision ;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences
- Strong commitment to humanitarian work and principles;
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure with strict deadlines;
- A great team player and leader.
- Languages: English is mandatory. Spanish or Portugese is an asset.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Support set-up in Palma base, along with CD, Field Co, and Logs Co
- Support Field Cos to create or update security packs for current and expanded areas of operation
- As needed, support Program Co with ergency response assessments or distributions
- Support CD or Field Co with development of SoPs, strategy documents, and other key systems and processes at Coordination and base levels
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2 400 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Job City Mozambique