The National Director (ND) is responsible for the management and development of Oikos program in Mozambique, in coordination with the Legal Representative and Oikos Headquarters. The ND coordinates the program at national level and provides strategic leadership in the areas of resource mobilization, development and project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, program quality, institutional development and strengthening of local partners. It is also responsible for managing the projects coordination team, composed of Project Coordinators and their Field Teams (based in different provinces), the Projects Officer and Administrator, and is responsible for financial and strategic management of the representation.
LOCATION: Maputo, Mozambique, with traveling in and out of Mozambique in accordance with the needs of the projects.
NEW POST: No
PLANNED HAND-OVER: 3 weeks
- Define and ensure good implementation and development of the Representation strategy:
- Define, together with the projects team, the Legal Representative and the Headquarters in Portugal, the OIKOS Mozambique strategy, establishing objectives, priorities and resources;
- Adapt / Make evolve the strategy of the Representation, according to opportunities detected in the context of the country;
- To ensure good financial and operational follow-up of the Representation activities:
- Monitor the development of OIKOS program, with the support of the projects team;
- Ensure the Representation and projects sound financial and operational management in direct collaboration with the Administrator and Project Coordinators;
- Ensure timely and quality reports, in accordance with the requirements of Headquarters and funders;
- To support the identification and development of new contracts:
- Assess needs and opportunities to develop new proposals for action (projects, services, social investment partnerships, etc.) in collaboration with project/field teams;
- Support the development and review of proposals, according to internal guidelines and the rules of the funders;
- Identify and collaborate in the design, financing, installation and management of social business ventures.
- To ensure proper coordination of the operations:
- Manage the Representation human resources, being directly responsible for the Administrator, Projects Officer and Project Coordinators;
- Define and adapt, as necessary, the establishment of the Representation staff structure and the Team Job Descriptions;
- Respond to potential internal conflicts, with the support of direct line managers, the Legal Representative and Headquarters, as required;
- Ensure good communication between Headquarters and the field.
- Representation before stakeholders, local authorities and partners:
- Represent, in a dignified and appropriate manner, the organization before institutions and national and international actors, in accordance with the mandate and principles of the organization and the respect for the internal code of conduct;
- Ensure the maintenance of good working relationships with government officials, donors and other partners;
- Define and negotiate the terms of interventions and proposals with funders and partners in the country, according to the strategic and operational interests of the organization;
- Increase the volume of intervention and ensure the operational and financial stability of the Representation;
- Diversify the current range of partners and funders, giving priority to the development of consortia with the private sector for social investment;
- Ensure a smooth and fluent dialogue with partners and potential donors, with frequent reporting on activities / OIKOS perspectives in the country.
- Managing safety and security
- Follow the evolution of security in the country and the political / social context;
- Analyse potential security risks and take appropriate action where necessary;
Sit-Reports to the Projects Department (Headquarters)
Projects Report for validation of the Projects Department (Headquarters).
Activity Reports (monthly) for the Projects Department (Headquarters).
Financial Reports (monthly) for the Finance/Projects Department (Headquarters).
THE ND PARTICIPATES IN:
Definition of programs;
Preparation of proposals;
Preparation of budgets.
STAFF FOR DIRECT SUPERVISION:
Project/Provincial Coordinators: 4
Projects Officer: 1
Administrator (Maputo): 1
Goal setting, evaluation, defining post profiles. Recruitment.
- Education / Qualifications / Expertise:
- Higher Education in relevant area;
- At least 7 years’ experience in a position of senior management in development;
- At least 5 years of proven experience of managing projects supported by the EU and other international donors and social investors;
- Proven ability to raise funds from bilateral and multi-lateral donors;
- At least 5 years of proven experience in managing budgets> 1 million;
- Proven experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of projects;
- Proven experience of project cycle management;
- Experience of managing institutional partnerships with national and international actors;
- Experience in team management in the context of development and humanitarian aid;
- Management capacity and strategic vision;
- High capacity of negotiation and representation;
- Delegation and supervision capacity.
Portuguese (Fluent), English (Fluent / high)
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Maputo