GIZ is looking for National Expert for Land Tenure and on Responsible Governance of Investments on Land to support the Programme.**
The National Expert for Land Tenure and on Responsible Governance of Investments on Land is responsible for:
- Identification of capacity building needs of relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Provision of technical trainings on land management in line with national laws and international guidelines.
- Liaison with government and non-government partners involved in the RGIL processes.
- Advise to political and project partners on technical matters relevant to the project.
- Coordination of the national cooperation with the private sector.
- Ensuring coordination within the country, especially of local, regional and national activities.
- Cooperation with civil society, local government, private sector investors at national, regional and local levels.
- Assuring compliance of procedures and procedures in line with the National Land Policy 2013, The Land Act 1998 and its regulations, especially in terms of land rights documentation.
- Provision of technical and policy advice on customary land rights and conflict resolution processes.
- Identification of available and experienced partners and stakeholders.
- Supervision of the production and handing out of land inventory protocols.
- Support of the monitoring and evaluation system of the RELAPU project.
The National Expert for Land Tenure and on Responsible Governance of Investments on Land performs the following tasks:
1. Provision of Capacity Development to key stakeholders
§ Conduct of capacity building needs assessment of relevant partners and stakeholders.
§ Support to the design and implementation of training courses. **
§ Organisation, provision of and trainer for technical trainings on land governance.
§ Technical advice to partner organisations from civil society organizations, traditional authorities, private investors and representatives on land management and land rights issues.**
§ Coordination of government and non-government partners and investors.
§ Supervision of land surveying, inventory and land registration processes to ensure quality of the results on customary land tenure.**
§ Enhance collaboration with other partners and projects working on lands issues.**
§ Ensure particular focus is given to rights of women and marginalized groups.**
§ Initiate and oversee the implementation of financial agreements with partner organisations supporting the Expert of monitoring and evaluation on results-based monitoring and the identification of knowledge products.
§ Ensuring regular reporting on project progress, innovations and results.
§ Mainstreaming gender sensitive approaches.
2. Implementation of responsible land policy
§ Organization of multi-stakeholder dialogues between civil society organizations, traditional authorities, private investors and representatives of the state on good land governance following the “Voluntary Guidelines on the Governance of Tenure” (VGGT).
§ Support to the development and implementation of dispute resolution and grievance mechanisms.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
§ Ensure close coordination and cooperation within the RELAPU team, sister GIZ projects and programs and other actors in the land sector.
§ Represent RELAPU-RGIL at meetings, workshops and conferences.
§ Other duties and tasks at the request of project team leader
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
§ Degree in land management and land tenure, spatial planning or relevant field.
§ Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in land management and land rights in Uganda.
§ Experience in the context of securing land rights on customary land in Uganda.
§ Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in land governance and management.
§ Experience in conflict mediation and establishing of systematic conflict resolution structures and grievance systems.
§ Experience in working with private land investors and their improvement of compliance with national laws and international guidelines.
§ Experienced training provider and training curriculum developer.
§ Work experience in Teso and Lango or adjacent regions would be an asset.
§ Very good knowledge of English and Ateso or Luo/Langi.
Other knowledge, additional competences
§ Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher).
§ Strong understanding of cultural, socio-ethnical context in northern Uganda region of Teso and Lango.
§ Experience on gender mainstreaming and results-based monitoring.
§ Active, flexible and dynamic team player and excellent networker.
§ Good writing skills.**
§ Excellent communication and coordination skills.**
§ Experience in workshop organisation or events management.
How to apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online, on www.futureoptions.org or by email: [email protected] Applications and the CV shall be in one document and a maximum of 6 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. No other attachments is required at this stage.
Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Disclaimer: GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process. This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.
- Job City Soroti