FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Natural Resource Management and Environment Facilitator
No of positions: 4 (four)
Duty Station: Abergelle, Sahila, Zequala (Waghimra Zone) and Sede Muja (S/Gondar Zone)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 45 days probation period)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The NRM Facilitator will closely working with kebele level relevant government experts to implement TRAIN-DFSA NRM, environment and DRR activities. He/she will mainly responsible to ensure all NRM structures in the watersheds are to the required standard. The position holder also responsible to follow up and ensure other public work activities meet the required standard.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result #1 Planning and documentation
- Involve in project level TRAIN-DFSA annual Plan preparation for NRM, environment and DRR related activities;
- Involve in Annual woreda level public work Plan preparation with government;
- Ensure gender and youth are considered in NRM, environment and DRR plan;
- Ensure women conditionality performed based on the Program Implementation Manual (PIM);
- Ensure all PW activities considering gender integration;
- Ensure all pertinent information on NRM, Environment and DRR tracked and documented at watershed level.
Key Result #2 Implementation
- Regularly follow up and ensure the technical standard of public work activities including NRM structures in collaboration with kebele Development agents and foremen and Soil and Water Conservation Supervisors;
- Periodically travel to watersheds and record project interventions and communicate best practices to NRM officers PM;
- Closely follow up nursery management activities in collaboration with the kebele Development agents and foremen;
- Build up highly functional working partnerships with relevant local kebele staff;
- Provide technical support, guidance and advise on selection of watershed units in each project;
- Engagement in teamwork with other sectors of Livelihood, Infrastructure, gender, health and nutrition initiatives of DFSA.
- Establish and strengthen Watershed committees and user groups;
- Closely participate in watershed document preparation like reading and collecting GPS data of watershed and necessary parts when required;
- Ensure all DRR, NRM and Environment related activities be integrated with other TRAIN sectors like gender, youth, livelihood and health and nutrition.
Key Result #3 Monitoring Activities
- Conduct regular monitoring visits of all watersheds and report to the NRM and Environment officer;
- Conduct frequent field visit to watershed sites to check NRM structures and other Public Work activities implemented as per the required standard;
- Monitor performance against the plan indicated in the IEE/EIA;
- Ensure all the necessary data is timely captured in to the WL3 data base collection forms and submitted timely;
- Monitor and support SWC supervisors, PW formen/women to evaluate their performance and give the necessary backstopping.
Key Result #4 – Reporting
- Collect and compile periodic reports on DRR, NRM and Environment and submit to the NRM and environment officer;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- SC Natural Resource Management or related field of study
- Two Year experience in Natural Resource management programs preferably in NGO Settings
- Basic Proficiency in spoken and written English and the local language.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Competent candidates can submit their application letters, CV’s to: [email protected]
Applicants must write the position title on the subject line of their email and application letters.
- Job City Abergelle, Sahila, Zequala & Sede Muja, Amhara