Posted on: 30/11/2022
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Maiduguri, NIGERIA
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and currently has:
- 1 base in Maiduguri from where SI is operating in 6 LGAs across Borno State (Maiduguri, Jere, Konduga, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa)
- 1 base in Zamfara from where SI is operating in 3 LGAs in Zamfara (Gusau, Anka and Talata Mafara).
- Also, SI has ERT outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component.
- Coordination: currently, SI Nigeria coordination team is based in Maiduguri, while a representation office is set up in Abuja.
Security and humanitarian situation in both Northeast and Northwest as well as epidemic outbreaks, continue to affect millions of lives in those areas. SI is responding to the humanitarian needs of displaced populations and host communities through WASH, Shelter/NFI, FSL and Emergency activities. Through strategic partnership, SI also promotes integrated approach with health and protection sectors.
The annual budget of the mission was around 7.8 million euros in 2022. The mission has potential for development in Northeast and Northwest.
The mission is fully staffed with 17 international and 197 national personals with a wide range of profiles. The position is based in Maiduguri, with potential movements to the bases and/or the locations where SI response is being implemented, depending on the security assessment.
ABOUT THE JOB
The MEAL Coordinator is a member of the mission SMT and part of the program coordination based in Maiduguri. Under the supervision of the Deputy CD Programs, the MEAL Coordinator:
- Designs the MEAL action plans of the mission, according to SI’s operational framework, and makes sure it is disseminated, understood, and implemented by the mission staff.
- Provides methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as develop M&E plan and its implementation, quantitative and qualitative data collection, indicator tracking, complaint response mechanism, “do no harm” analysis, terms of references of internal and external evaluations, etc.
- Further strengthen existing MEAL system by review and harmonization of current MEAL tools/checklists, information management/GIS Mapping, and especially data management system at the mission level.
- Develop, harmonize and maintain monitoring tools for external and internal coordination and communication, such as dashboards and web maps.
- Makes sure that MEAL department is well integrated with all departments (functional links) as well as coherent with all coordinators and managers.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues (gender, protection, accountability to the affected population, do-no-harm, community participation, disability, etc.) are well integrated into all MEAL tools.
- Capacity building of MEAL and Program teams on MEAL approaches/system and day to day requirements.
- Build on institutional knowledge on MEAL activities and missions’ results (lessons learnt and recommendations) and make sure these are known by technical and field coordinators.
- Use SI’s IKB tools to document MEAL tools and methodologies/approaches, sharing with relevant HQ departments.
- Ensure accountability to beneficiaries by overseeing the feedback and complaints response mechanism (FCRM) through newly rolled-out SoPs.
Priorities for the first 3 months
- Support mission in designed/development of Management Information system (MIS).
- Review existing MEAL Checklists/quality standards and further improvement with the support of technical coordinators.
- Develop Activity sheets detailing targeting, implementation, and monitoring methodologies
- Master’s degree or equivalent in statistic, quality control or humanitarian project management
- Experience in MEAL management and/or Project coordination (minimum 3 years);
- Knowledge of data collection, sampling, mobile data collection (Kobo, Power-BI) and data analysis
- Technical experience in mapping (QGIS) is an asset
- Experience in communication with communities and accountability mechanisms
- Previous experience with SI is a plus
- Strong English writing skills
- Data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Database management
- Data collection/research methods
- Mobile data collection tool development
- Software ->Excellent Excel mandatory; Kobo/ODK/XLSForm
- Quick decision-maker and work in autonomy.
- Good resistance to stress and pressure.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- A great team player and leader.
- Excellent interpersonal and capacity building skills
- Remote management skills
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2400 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 600 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
- Job City Nigeria