NIMART Nurse (City of Johannesburg)
LINKAGES FHI360 project in South Africa, aiming to reduce HIV incidence and mitigate the impact of HIV among men who have sex with men is seeking qualified candidates for the position(s) of Professional Nurse, NIMART qualified (Dispensing license advantage)
Responsible for to deliver community based HIV services tailored to the needs of MSM and clients providing comprehensive package of care Sexually transmitted infections(STIs), ART initiation and PrEP initiation in order to reach the 95’95”95” PEPFAR targets.
This is a short-term role for the period of two months and will be based in the district with limited travel to within the district as required.
Key Responsibilities Areas
· Assessment of MSM (Men who have sex with men) to provide comprehensive package of care Sexually transmitted infection(STIs), diagnosis treatment and care.
· Ability to assess MSM individual for ART initiation according to South African Guidelines, WHO staging, same day initiation, universal test and treat(UTT).
· Ensure all clients who are HIV positive are screened for TB according to National TB guidelines and give prophylaxis to those that are at Risk of getting TB.
· Must be knowledgeable about PrEP(Pre-exposure prophylaxis), how to Assess MSM for PrEP INITIATION and monitoring.
· Ensure that there is continuum of care with community based service model of Community ART and PrEP comprehensive services (through coordination of facility and community services.
· Work with Department of health other partners to collect and report data in response to UNAIDS 95-95-95 strategy, this includes (HIV status, viral loads, CD4 counts etc.)
· Support adherence and retention in care (Tracking VL and Viral Suppression)
· Work with facilities and community partners to trace treatment defaulters/LTFU and re-link them to care and treatment
· Work with Implementing Partner to ensure Collation and reporting of data reaches FHI360 team (daily, weekly, monthly or as required)
Carry out all other duties as may be designated by the supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
· Professional Nurse registered with the South African Nursing Council
· NIMART qualified (Dispensing license advantage)
· 5-10 years’ experience in a clinic /Primary health care setting. HIV experience is essential
· Familiarity with the district (COJ/City of Cape Town)
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills
· Good computer skills including word and excel
· A valid driver’s license and ability to drive
The ideal candidate must be native to and residing in the district
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City South Africa