Title: NTD WASH Coordination Consultant
Anticipated Timeframe: 6 months Part Time 3 day week Location Accra, Ghana
Sightsavers is an international charity working in Ghana to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are seeking an NTD WASH Coordination Consultant to partner with the ICCC to enhance collaborative outcomes of NTD WASH coordination. Working within the ICCC and the NTD Coordination unit structures the consultant will oversee the creation/adaptation of NTD/WASH database to enhance joint decision-making including targeting of WASH facilities.
Background and Context
Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) are linked with poor access to WASH, causing a vicious cycle of poverty. Collaboration between WASH and NTD actors can accelerate NTD elimination and improve targeting and equity of WASH services. In Ghana, while there have been notable efforts to incorporate WASH infrastructure and messaging into NTD control programs, there has been little collaboration and integration between NTD control programmes and the WASH sector.
In 2012, the Neglected Tropical Diseases Elimination Programme and stakeholders established the Intra-country Coordination Committee (ICCC) to spearhead NTD WASH related activities that enhance multisectoral coordination and collaboration. The committee was revamped in 2020 to both widen involvement and reenergise.
The ICCC aims to bring together stakeholders from government ministries, departments, and sectors as well as international and private organizations to support the elimination and control of NTDs in Ghana. To support this activity, Sightsavers and its consortium partners are seeking an NTD WASH Coordination Consultant
Support the ICCC to promote NTD WASH coordination and collaboration
- The consultant will work with the ICCC to establish a working group to coordinate NTD WASH activities in Ghana.
- The consultant will monitor the workplan routinely, provide updates and facilitate the implementation of all the activities in a timely manner.
- They will create a list of NTD WASH working group members and provide a monthly updated workplan
Support the NTD programme and the ICCC to identify and adapt an existing database for NTD WASH data for decision making
- The consultant will lead a consultative process aimed at getting the ICCC and the NTD WASH stakeholder to adapt the CHIP or the DHIMS for NTD WASH data for decision making purposes
- They will adapt an existing electronic database identified for Ghana WASH NTD data for decision making.
Support the ICCC and the NTD programme to advocate or facilitate targeting of WASH interventions in NTD priority communities.
The consultant will support the following advocacy activities:
- Coordinate and lead in the compilation and dissemination of the ICCC’s quarterly NTD WASH advocacy bulletin.
- Identify/organize and share NTD WASH data with stakeholders to advocate for their commitment towards NTD collaboration.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the planned NTD WASH advocacy workshops.
- Provide NTD officers in NTD priority communities with relevant data and tools to advocate for WASH interventions in their communities.
- They will create a list of priority communities
Facilitate the development of NTD WASH coordination framework
- The consultant will coordinate the development process and ensure that all stakeholders are involved in producing the document.
- They will have completed the NTD WASH framework at this juncture.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent practical training) in epidemiology, public health, Water and Sanitation, or related field
- Knowledge of neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and WASH and proven consultancy work at this level of operation
- Demonstrable experience of multi-stakeholder coordination, advocacy, and partnership building
- Current and ongoing right to work in Ghana
- Proven ability to complete tasks within very tight schedule
- Good skills in data management and report writing
- Great presentation skills
Consultants with a proven track records in the above will be procured to undertake the project through an expression of interest process.
Full details of the project, Scope of Work, Outputs and Deliverables can be found within the attached ToR
We reserve the right to close this opportunity early.
How to express your interest:
To express your interest to undertake this assignment, please read the complete ToR, complete our Expression of Interest (EoI) and Budget Template which can be found via our website by 10 July 2022.
Interested bidders are also requested to include an example of previous similar work.
We anticipate interviews will be conducted mid July 2022.
Expressions of interest should only be made using the forms provided.
As an equal opportunity Employer, we actively encourage EoI’s from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply