Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country director, the position’s primary responsibilities involve:
– Developing and coordinating strategies for nutrition and health initiatives,
– Encompassing long-term strategic planning and humanitarian operations.
– Collecting and analyzing data, producing reports, reviewing proposals, conducting assessments, initiating research projects, managing budgets,
– Fostering an integrated approach, and collaborating with various stakeholders.
– Overseeing the nutrition and health team, supporting their development, and managing program managers.
– Establishing partnerships with governmental and local agencies, negotiating agreements, and contributing to national strategies against malnutrition
– Representing the organization in health and nutrition matters, maintaining relations with donors, participating in networks and clusters, and disseminating information on AAH’s programs in these fields.
You hold a master degres preferably in human nutrition or medical sciences
You have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of previous experience working with NGOs specifically in nutrition and/or health
You Have an experience with external representation and knowledge of Nut & Health Cluster mechanisms
You have an advanced knowledge of N&H guidelines and procedures including those of donors and international standards (e.g. SPHERE)
You also have an Ability and a willingness to travel regularly to AAH field locations. Experience working with multiple donors (OFDA, ECHO, UNICEF, BHA, UN…) including compliance reporting and regulations
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
4 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Monthly gross salary from 2597 to 2968EUR upon experience
Monthly per diem and living allowance: 737EUR net, field paid
Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215EUR at each RnR period
Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
- Job City Nigeria