The Office Administrator is responsible for the management and coordination of office operations and procedures by maintaining office systems and supervising support staff. He/she is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office ensuring efficient and effective operations and coordinating on all issues affecting the daily operations of the office.
Office and Assets Management
• Develop office management policies and procedures manuals and ensure that they are adhered to
• Take lead role in planning, organising and implementing operations and procedures: managing correspondence; filing; procurement, inventory and supervision of administration staff and associated tasks
• Plan space allocations and layouts, maintenance of office furniture, fittings and all equipment within the office premises and arranging for necessary repairs
• Ensure that all IPPFARO assets are tagged and numbered according to the assets register and donor requirements, maintain and update assets register, regularly assess the conditions of IPPFARO assets and arrange for disposal of absolute assets
• Take lead role in ensuring that ARO premises are well equipped, fully functioning and fit for purpose to enable staff operate with maximum efficiency office, plan for timely payment of utilities bills i.e. electricity, telephone bills, internet etc at AR offices and Regional Director residence
• Oversee the overall maintenance of the residence and office premises, facilities assets, equipment and ensure that office assets are secure and efficiently utilized
• Create a conducive work environment by ensuring printers, photocopies, scanners and web conferencing systems are in good working conditions.
Health and Safety, security and Staff support
• Ensure smooth settling in of expatriate staff, supporting them to acquire secure/safe housing or accommodation, schools, advise on tenancy contract and liaison i.e. drivers, nannies etc.
• Responsible for office and Regional Director’s residence security issues, ensure that the office complies with regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Act, arrange for regular safety drills at ARO and arrange for safety inspections in the workplace
• Regularly review working conditions and work with line managers to correct non-compliance and identify opportunities for improvement
• Ensure that the alarm system is maintained to respond to alarm response call outs
• Liaise with Head of Operations and Technology to ensure that security information is regularly updated
Supervise Service Providers and administration staff
• Supervise Administration staff, Regional Director’s Assistant, Protocol assistant, office support, driver, cleaners and reception area
• Ensure valid contracts with the office landlords and tenancy agreement for Regional Director residence
• Review and annually update all contracts and leases before forwarding them to the Head of Operations and Technology for signature
• Supervise monthly provision of office supplies and stationery
• supervision of general office duties including office cleanliness
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the supervisor.
For more details on the job descriptions visit www.ippfar.org
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disability and people openly living with HIV.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to: [email protected]
Closing date Wednesday 4th March 2020.
If you do not hear from us by 30th June 2020, please assume that your application was not successful.
- Job City NAIROBI