Under the overall guidance of Head of Jijiga Sub office and the direct supervision of the Admin & Finance Assistant, the successful candidate shall be responsible to carry out duties related to the organizations movement activities. In particular he/she will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned Vehicle: oil check, water, batter, brakes, tires, etc,
- Ensure that IOM vehicle (s) are used only for official/authorized business as advised by the supervisor;
- Record daily activities on log sheet including mileage, fuel consumption, destinations, and items in English,
- Keep a HIGH degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions which involve IOM and its officials
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules regulations and the organization are taken in case of involvement in an accident,
- Compliance with security practices and radio checks as it pertains to the UNDSS security plans for Addis Ababa
- Provide Logistical assistance support to refugees, staff and IOM partners,
- Work a flexible schedule and cover all departures.
- Coordinate the logistical needs as relates to ground transportation, accommodation, meals, medical and operational appointments, pre-departure medical checks and departures and /or arrivals.
- Escort refugees and migrants between IOM Offices and processing/departure locations.
- Ensure safety and security concerns and incidences are advised to the Field Office Coordinator and Security Assistant.
- Maintain and clean the vehicle and keep accurate records and logs of all movements and report any problems to the Field Office Coordinator and Security Assistant immediately.
- Support the implementation of humanitarian response and voluntary repatriation programs as requested by the Office Coordinator.
- Undertake in country and out of country TDY’s as assigned.
- Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned.
Minimum required qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution,
- At least two years of relevant experience as field driver;
- Possession of a valid 3rd grade driving licence;
- Certificate in Auto Mechanic is advantageous;
- Experience with diplomatic authorities, NGOs as well as international organizations is an advantage;
- Good knowledge in logistics and minor vehicle repair
- Knowledge of English, Amharic and Somali:
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected] or to IOM Jijiga sub office in person ,by January 25, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
- Job City Jijiga, Somali