John Snow, Inc. (JSI) R & T seeks to recruit Operations Manager for its Data Use Partnership (DUP) Project. The goal of the project is to improve collection and use of high quality routine information; improve the quality, efficiency and availability of primary health, and nutrition services at all levels of the Ethiopian health system. JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
Summary of Responsibilities
Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the project office and to provide support to the regional offices as well. He/ she will oversees the proper coordination of the project office operations that includes the logistics, procurement, travel need of the project, office administration and oversee the inventory of the project.
- Assist the Finance, Administration & Operation Director (FAOD) in improving operational management systems, processes and best practices for the smooth functions of the project office;
- Lead the arrangement and organization of the project offices;
- Oversee the administrative and logistics support given to the project offices including events planning, the efficient organization of workshops, trainings, other project related events and to support the project staff or other visitors coming from outside to the project by coordinating all the necessary logistical arrangements according to the project rules and regulation;
- Provide operation briefing and orientation for newly hired staff based on JSI procedures;
- Oversee the proper handling of the project inventory including tagging of equipment and furniture, tracking its location and condition, and preparing and submitting reports;
- Be part in carrying out the full stock inventory every year and reconciles the physical stock with recorded entries and update the record accordingly;
- Obtain purchase requests with the proper approval from FAOD & Project Director, coordinate the collection of pro-forma & prepare quote summary sheet and get approval following the proper authority channel;
- Establish long term service contract / corporate agreements with different service providers following the project rules and regulations;
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best deal for individual products or longer term discount agreements;
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) according to the approved quote summery, placing orders, and following up the proper delivery of the items and services with the proper inspections;
- Proactively liaising between suppliers and staff to resolve routine purchasing supply issues, ensuring an accurate and timely provision of supplies and ensure positive relationship with vendors, suppliers etc
- Accurately maintaining the project supplier databases to high standards;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by her/his supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Purchasing and Procurement, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a donor funded organization in administrative capacity.
- Bookkeeping and filing experience preferred, budget management and spreadsheet experience required.
- An energetic, self-starter who can work as part of a team but also with limited supervision.
- Proven experience with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, flexible and able to manage multiple deadlines/ projects simultaneously, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Event planning experience; strong professional and interpersonal skills including effective email and phone communication.
- Responsive to a fast-paced work environment; Ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google products (Drive, Gmail, Docs)
- Fluentin written and spoken English and Amharic;
How to Apply
- Qualified individuals interested in these positions can send their documents to the following email: [email protected]
- Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: “Operation Manager [Name of Applicant]”
- application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any. Please provide us three names with their contact addresses as references. Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your_full_name_position.pdf”
- B Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered. No phone calls please.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
All positions are for Ethiopian nationals.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Addis Ababa