“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI is currently implementing several programmes in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi, supporting vulnerable persons and their families such as people with disabilities (including people living with mental health problems), people with chronic diseases, older persons and displaced persons and families. Activities include provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support, provision of assistive & mobility devices as per needed; capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners; training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
Since early 2019 HI is implementing a three-year project entitled ‘Action for Mental Health Assistance in Libya’ (AMAL) as part of wider initiatives to improve the access and quality of health care services in Libya.
Implemented in partnership with the Libyan Ministry of Health and a Tunisian NGO, the overall objective of the project is to allow the most vulnerable people in Libya from host communities, those internally displaced and returnees and migrants, suffering from mental health disorders/psychosocial disabilities to regain or to preserve good mental health by accessing quality interventions at community level, primary health care level, and secondary and tertiary level.
From July 2020, HI also started a one-year project in partnership with UNDP, which aims to enhance the development of a culture of peace, cooperation and responsibility – with a focus on youth (male and female) – through improved provision of MHPSS services at community level. This project will strongly rely on Libyan Civil Society Organisations.
HI is also involved in Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) activities. HI supports the Libyan Mine Action Centre (LibMAC), UNMAS and other ministries in developing a victim assistance strategy and action plan. Given the recent events and increase in ERW related accidents, HI also seeks to resume quickly Risk Education activities in greater Tripoli and has developed several propositions with this regard.
From operational bases in Tripoli and Misrata, and Benghazi, HI is currently implementing a humanitarian and development programme, with the following activities:
· Provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support for persons with disabilities or injuries, and provision of assistive devices as per need;
· Capacity building, technical support and provision of assistive & mobility devices and materials and equipment to health partners (hospitals, health centers and rehabilitation centres);
· Training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
· Provision of Risk Education to conflict affected communities on the risks and effects caused by mines and explosive remnants of war (ERW);
· Provision of specialised MHPSS services at community level, primary health care level, and secondary and tertiary level and support to the Libyan Ministry of Health, in partnership with Nebras, a Tunisian NGO.
HI Lybia is searching his new operation manager to develop and implement projects in Libya.
Under the responsibility of the Libya Country Manager, you contribute to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
You are responsible for ensuring the overall coordination and oversight of HI’s operations in Libya in the sectors of protection, including mine action, and health.
As Operations Manager, you will be in charge of:
- Developing and implementing, the projects part of the Libya Programme operational strategy, may it be in emergency response, protracted or development approach, in the field of Health, Protection and Humanitarian Mine Action;
- Ensuring the overall supervision and oversight of all HI’s projects in Libya, in cooperation with the area managers, the technical specialists, support Service managers (Region and Libya) and MEAL resources, more particularly regarding:
- qualitative aspects of programming and implementation;
- the design of adequate monitoring framework and tools and the deployment of these tools that will allow a good project monitoring in the Programme, financial controlling and compliance with HI policies and frameworks (in particular HI Project Monitoring & Evaluation policy), and the respect of contractual obligations towards donors;
- capacity building and coaching of the area managers for progressive full delegation of direct supervision of the project
- Strongly contributing to the proposal development process (high quality design, narrative and associated budgets), in collaboration with the Country Manager and the Regional Project Development Officer
- Contributing to organizational transformation in line with Lean, Shared Services and ROOTS projects.
- Ensuring external representation in relevant sector meetings, and replace the Country Manager when needed
YOUR PROFILE :
· With a Master degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian Project Management, Humanitarian Assistance or another relevant subject, you have at least 7 years of professional experience and 4 years’ experience in humanitarian contexts, and a previous experience in project coordination;
· You have Proven managerial and representation experience and strong team management skills;
· You are fluent in English (oral and written)
· You have strong writing and reporting skills as well as computer skills (use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other relevant software)
· You have a high level of autonomy and initiative; demonstrate strong organizational skills as well as strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
The post holder will be expected to spend at least 50% of their time in Libya including traveling between operational bases in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi, along with other international staff. This being said, the challenges to access the country remained very important through the year 2019 and first half of 2020, particularly in relation to the security situation but also the administrative barriers to obtain visas and access authorizations. In addition, since March 2020, most humanitarian organisations have faced new challenges in terms of delivering services due to COVID-19 pandemic and relating sanitary measures such as border closures and travel restrictions, and disruption of supply chain, lockdown, curfews, movement’s restrictions and social distancing – all being various measures taken by the Libyan authorities in place. The access to the country is thus likely to be very irregular in the coming months. AS result, the Libya mission is currently working on a semi-remote management mode and the senior country team is expected to adapt accordingly its management style, communication and support / control mechanisms.
· 12 month’s International contract starting from 4th of January 2021
· Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate**
· Perdiem : €13.30/day in Tunisia €22.72/day in Libya**
· Hardship allowance: €500/month for the employee actually present at least 16 calendar days per month in Libya**
· Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation **
· Paid holiday : 25 days per year**
· R&R : Tunisia Level 1 : 1 day per month – 1 additional day of R&R for 8 days spent inside Libya and level 3 (5 days every 6 weeks) if more than 16 days/month in Libya **
· Position open to families, based in Tunis**
· Housing: Collective with 3 or more expatriates Or Individual Or familial housing, paid by HI.**
How to apply
Please apply on line (CV and cover letter) : http://www.jobs.net/j/JoRrfstq?idpartenaire=136
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying !
- Job City Tunis