Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor, USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (MELA)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Nigeria staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA).
- The anticipated award of this contract is Fall 2020.
- SI is seeking a full-time Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor who will support learning, knowledge management, and adaptive programming activities under the anticipated MELA contract.
- This position will be based in Abuja. The Advisor will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with key Mission stakeholders; serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues; assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues; and coordinate efforts amongst IPs working in common Development Objectives (DOs).
- Facilitate the development and implementation of a learning plan for the Mission Community of Practice that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Support facilitation, including facilitating processes and workshops; facilitating learning, collaboration, and adaptive management at the Mission; producing reflections on the implications of new learning; developing product plans for adapting activities accordingly; establishing a network of key stakeholders and organize periodic, appropriate opportunities for USAID to interact with them based on strategy implementation and evidence-based experience.
- Support business process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management around monitoring, evaluation, and learning related issues.
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders.
- Work with Chief of Party (COP), Senior Evaluation Lead and Senior Monitoring Lead, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Other duties as determined necessary by USAID/Nigeria.
- Master’s Degree in field related to organizational learning or Development Assistance such as Public, Business, or Development Administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve international development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Experience working in Nigeria is highly desired.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Only candidates with Nigerian citizenship will be considered.
- Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
- SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
- Job City Abuja, Nigeria