In close collaboration with relevant program staff, the OVC Technical Advisor provides overall technical oversight and guidance to OVC service delivery and capacity building of local partners. The OVC Technical Advisor will:
- Oversee key interventions for OVCs, including HIV and gender-based violence prevention and response, linkages to clinical services, education support services, and economic strengthening initiatives;
- Oversee use of education subsidies and economic strengthening interventions that enable families to meet school-related expenses;
- Support the use of a case management approach to ensuring service delivery to vulnerable children;
- Ensure Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe (DREAMS) services are delivered according to PEPFAR and/or USAID/Uganda guidance;
- Work with the MEL Director to support collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) to drive quality improvement among local OVC partners;
- Develop and implement (or support implementation of) plan to build the technical capacity of local OVC partners to serve as prime USAID award holders;
- Oversee strengthening of pre-service institutions to improve newly qualified social workers’ ability to successfully support OVCs and address child protection and child abuse, among other related issues.
- Master’s degree in social sciences (e.g. social work, management, child development), public health, or related field;
- Minimum five years of experience in technical direction of international programming that works to improve child protection, health, and safety;
- Experience building the capacity of and providing technical assistance to local partner organizations, especially those in the health and social welfare sectors;
- Extensive knowledge of OVC, HIV/AIDS, social services management, and child welfare in the Ugandan context, including familiarity PEPFAR DREAMS approach and with Journeys curriculum for HIV and violence prevention;
- Minimum five years of demonstrated excellence in a management position, including direct supervision and evaluation of professional staff/consultants and management and oversight of multiple concurrent project activities and deliverables;
- Excellent written and oral English abilities required;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Kampala, Uganda