Procurement and Administrative Officer – Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Procurement and Administrative Officer for the Schools and Systems (S&S) USAID-funded project in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improve literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity will include a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
The Procurement and Administrative Officer supports Procurement and general operations of FHI360 Schools and Systems project in Rwanda. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support in procurement of goods and services needed for project activities through a competitive process and in line with established FHI360 policies and Funder regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews Purchase Requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Assists with developing bid specifications and Request for quotations
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and Rwanda Schools & Systems activity project needs are met.
- Assist project staff on all issues related to product specifications, prices and availability and appropriate substitutes.
- Design Criteria for supplier and vendor’s selection.
- Solicit vendors and supplier quotations within the required time limit.
- Participate in vendors and supplier’s proposals/quotations evaluation and analysis to ensure overall competitiveness, quality and compliance with specified requirements.
- Ensures compliance and efficiency in procurement of goods and services for Rwanda Schools & Systems Activity project.
- Check delivery of goods and/or services to ensure orders are filled correctly and goods meet specifications.
- Ensures the physical and electronic archiving of procurement records.
- Maintain policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and share information with management, staff members and vendors.
- Works with accounting to ensure all receiving and shipping transactions are complete and accurate.
- Make certain that all administrative systems and processes (including facilities management, fleet management, procurement, travel administration, inventory/assets management) are highly reliable, finely tuned and well delivered and in compliance with funder and organizational policies and procedures.
- Set up and maintain files, prepare reports, presentation and graphic, provide project staff with office supplies, perform data entry, proofreads, and compile special reports as may be required.
- Provide meeting support as needed (e. g. Scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Prepare and maintain documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spread sheets, logs etc. to support functions.
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and activities for project staff.
- Use established filing and data systems and file all project files as needed.
- Review data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines.
- Gather readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents as may required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Public or related field
- Relevant experience in Supply Chain Management and/or a minimum of 5‐7 years’ experience in procurement and at least 5 years in administrative support
- Ability to prepare procurement reports providing periodic status updates as necessary required.
- Knowledge of the laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations governing commodities and services purchasing for USAID funded programs; the methods, policies, and procedures involved in purchasing a large quantity and variety of supplies, equipment, services, and goods; contract law; the various contract development and source selection methods.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Rwanda