SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title :Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: Dollow, Baidoa, Kismayo, Somalia
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5**
Type of Appointment: Special Short term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 24 January, 2019**
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Procurement/Supply Chain Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to Resource Management Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Identify and recommend sources of procurement; interview potential suppliers.
- Collect offers and quotations, and prepare Bids analysis accordingly and make sure the vendor account is created on PRISM.
- Prepare Purchase orders, contracts and ensure all approvals are obtained, using PRISM Material Management (MM) module, ensure deliver the Purchase orders to the suppliers and obtain their signatures on the same.
- Review the vendor invoices to ensure compliance with order and goods received and prepare Payment requests and ensure timely payment to suppliers/ service providers once goods delivered and services received.
- Ensure all purchases are performed according to IOM procurement.
- Make sure assets (IOM and beneficiary) are created in PRISM through MM prior to procurement and acquired and transferred, deactivated once the processes are completed and updated in the PRISM MM module regularly.
- Implement procedures to manage and safeguard all IOM assets in Dollow and coordinate with Mogadishu and sub-Offices to make sure assets are well maintained.
- Coordinate Assets disposal process with Procurement Officer and RMO and ensure appropriate records regarding assets disposal; ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM’s best interest.
- Regular reconciliation for Assets on PRISM and physical assets.
- Follow-up with suppliers and ensure timely delivery of requested supplies and materials and keep the concerned project staff informed on the status of the delivery. Resolve issues related to delivered goods.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that prior to the final ordering and delivery of the equipment and materials, the project code, account code and budget line item have been determined.
- Maintain price list database of regular supplies, accommodations, facilities, etc. of the Mission.
- Make training, Hotel and Security escort reservation, and prepare Request for Payment related to those reservations for any staff on duty.
- Arrange any official meeting, workshop, training in Mogadishu office in coordination with respective unit and staff (venue, meals, snack boxes, hotel accommodation).
- Doing regular invoice reconciliation with vendors to ensure that payment is made in a timely manner.
- Provide technical guidance to staff in the office with regard to procurement related policies and procedures.
- Provide training and guidance to new junior staff.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in the relevant field (Finance, Business Administration, Management, other related field) with minimum three year of relevant working experience, or;
· Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with five years of professional experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Experience in Computerized Accounting Systems, Experience in SAP System is an advantage.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and Somali is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: [email protected]
From 11.01.2019 to 24.01.2019
- Job City Dollow, Baidoa, Kismayo