CALL FOR APPLICATION
Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Intern
Vacancy Number: CFA/IOMSO/005/2019
Duty Station: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Duration of Contract: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: June 05, 2019**
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The main objective of the internship position is to transfer procurement and logistical skills to the intern. The position of the internship will give the intern the opportunity to gain both theoretical as well as practical knowledge and skills in procurement and logistics.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Sub Office in Somaliland and under the direct supervision of the procurement/logistics assistant based in Hargeisa the intern will include, but not be limited to, the following.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the procurement and contracting processes to ensure the efficient implementation of programme.
- Provide support in coordination of the procurement process between Hargeisa and the Mogadishu office;
- Assist in tracking procurement of goods and services made in the field for the MPA projects in Somaliland.
- Maintain all supporting documentation and requisite authorizations in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
- Assist in ensuring that procuring of goods and services made in the field are all properly documented and are in accordance with any contractual arrangements in place; vouchers for payments and other supportive documents should be filled and shared with the MPA focal point;
- Follow up on invoices and ensure they are received from suppliers, correctly calculated and sufficiently detailed and meet the standard set out in IOM purchase procedures, and follow up on related payments.
- Maintain and update a list detailing the costs of most common items procured in the locations where the Programme is operating on a monthly basis;
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of program assets and equipment, and the provision of office supplies and consumables;
- Support the logistic unit with the preparation of purchase request forms (PRF) and prepare the request for quotations (RFQ), obtain quotations and prepare BAS.
- Gathering and collect information for all PRFs, BAS, DODs, and invoices from the field and filing or sending it to Nairobi office.
- Register and file all the PRFs, POs and PRFs, Contracts and NOAs issued by the logistic unit.
- Undertake all other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Administration in Procurement or an equivalent combination of training;
- Knowledge on local and international procurement, clearing & forwarding, VAT laws and regulations, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies and management
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and analyze the national, regional, and local political context in Somalia.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office suite;
Fluency in English and Somali is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; iss action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for Application Number (CFA No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: [email protected]
From 23.05.2019 to 05.06.2019
- Job City Hargeisa, Somaliland