Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Note: Positions are contingent upon award. Also candidates should specify the location they are applying for.
Deadline for application submission: 17th February, 2020.
Locations: Katsina, Kaduna, Kogi & Niger.
The Accelerated Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) project aims to increase the utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children under five years in Nigeria. The World Bank-funded programme will be implemented across selected states through community-based nutrition services. In Kaduna State, there will also be an additional element of the provision of adolescent health services.
The project will be implemented by Plan International Nigeria in the state in collaboration with the State Ministry of Health, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, local CSO partners and other relevant stakeholders.
The Procurement and Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall design and management of an effective procurement process for the basic nutrition package project in one of the states where Plan International will be implementing the ANRiN programme (Kaduna, Katsina, Niger, or Kogi).
Please specify which state(s) you are applying for in your application.
Dimension Of Role:
Provides design input and update to the project team on all procurement through the procurement tracker
Work with the project team to ensure accurate quantification from fit for purpose procurement plan annually
Provides guidance and support to the project team in the procurement team.
- Management of the effective procurement process, such as PR, PO, Tender/Bid, Contract process
- Responsible for supply chain management of nutrition-related products and birth spacing commodities, supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Management of medical drug logistics in line with the needs of the programme
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to support efficient management of supplies
- Work closely with the state programme team to understand their procurement and logistic needs
- Work with the project lead to ensure forecasted needs are timely and accurate and ensure reconciliation and goods are also moved to beneficiaries
- Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records in the warehouse which hold stock for which the project is accountable
- Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
- Plan, source (directly or via donor/Plan procurement process) and manage the delivery of all commodities (drugs, medical supplies and equipment
- Support project distribution planning and execution to ensure all stock are received on time at distribution points, and all stock is recorded during the distribution, and reconciled
- Regularly collect, collate and analyse value for money parameters and recommend areas of efficiency gains for Plan International and Donor procurement
- Taking lead on all procurement activities, giving suggestions and innovative practices to the organisation
- Work with the management and project teams to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings to improve overall compliance with organisational and donor policies.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering, sciences, social sciences with training in procurement, logistics and supply chain management
- At least 7 years of experience in procurement planning and management in private sector/ international organizations
- Demonstrated experience of efficiently and efficaciously completing procurement of health-sector goods and commodities
- Knowledge and ability to work on ICT tools for inventory management, logistics and supply chain management
- Knowledge of completing procurement in Nigeria or countries affected by fragility, conflict and violence
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Strong credibility and integrity in this domain
- Confirmed experience working on large-scale, consortium led, nutrition/ health programmes in challenging contexts, ideally in Nigeria
- Experience in capacity building of implementing partners
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, local and international staff
- Ability to represent the project to various audiences including senior government officials and donor representatives
- Strong communication skills, including advanced report writing skills
- Nigerian national with the ability to articulate and demonstrate a strong understanding of the contextual challenges faced by communities in Nigeria (ideally in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger, or Kogi).
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Katsina, Kaduna, Kogi , Niger