World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Procurement Coordinator – 2 Positions
Report to: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
To provide support to World Vision Uganda budget management through strategic sourcing of quality goods and services in a timely manner at the lowest possible cost for clusters and projects in accordance to supply chain management policy and other guidelines to promote child well-being aspirations in line with Our Promise.
- Facilitate annual procurement planning sessions with key stakeholders
- Consolidate and report on the procurement plans
- Review and update item catalog prior to the planning process activity.
- Coordinate procurement committee meetings.
- Advise on market assessment and supplier pre-qualification process as per the direction from manager,
- Sending bid invitations, follow-up of bids, assist coordinating pre-bid meetings as per the direction from coordinators and specialist.
- Maintain all supporting documents relating to the sourcing events based on the document management supervise the sourcing events filed offices and assistance work relating to sourcing.
- Preparation of procurement committee submission documents based on the direction given by the SCM manager
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Accurately complete the master data management form (contract/supplier/ item register)
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation (Master Data Management).
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders to ensure optimum usage of contracts.
- Advise on the RFP/RFQ process for spot buys as required
- Liaise with shared services & finance to resolve supplier inquiries
- Release POs to suppliers for spot buys and assigned categories.
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Collect and organize data from projects and business units.
- Analyze and check data for accuracy and produce the required reporting output in accordance to the policies / procedures & guidelines as set by WV
- Prepare weekly/monthly procurement status reports in order to update the customers and other stakeholders.
- Perform daily reconciliation exercises of all records and transactions performed within the same day and ensure that data validation, integrity and accuracy of data is meticulously maintained.
- Consolidate all findings and convert them into useful formats as provided by SCM Manager
Process, Procedure and Policy
- Work with SCM to manage internal customer satisfaction
- Collect data to support performance scorecard reporting (i.e. KPIs)
Control and Compliance
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management.
- Track supplier performance record
- Document procurement and negotiation minutes
- Centralization of procurement- all procurements under supply chain.
- Preparation and submit of timely, accurate and relevant, weekly monthly, quarterly and annual reports. (Open PO’s, status of requests, Framework Agreement status & one of contract status.)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree of procurement or CIPs. Or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in procurement with strong organizational skills
- Capacity building/Facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Customer care skills & and high level of integrity
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thinking Ability
- Able to supervise 3 staff
- Field travels ( 20% to handle field procurements
Proficiency in use of procurement system (Generate reports and make decision)
- Job City Kampala