Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist who reports to the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Senior Analyst is responsible for effective delivery and implementation of strategic and effective procurement services, for a select group of technically complex goods, services and works, within the specific geographical area and/or project. These services reflect best practices in international public procurement, compliance with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and procurement policy, rules, regulations and procedure, ensuring appropriate risk management and obtaining the best value for money.
He/she analyzes and interprets the respective rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement.
His/her work is focused in transactional procurement including all steps of the procurement process.
Maintaining the highest degree of personal and professional ethics, the Procurement Senior Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Business Unit.
The Procurement Senior Analyst works in close collaboration with the Support Services, Programme and project teams in Mali and, UNOPS PSC colleagues, to successfully deliver procurement services.
- Implementation of transactional procurement
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Team Management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Implementation of operational strategies and management of procurement, contract, and sourcing transactions, actions and processes for goods, services, and works, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; internal controls and client orientation.
- Implement different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
- Implement the strategic procurement for projects assigned in the Business Unit.
- Research and compile data for Business Unit’s supply market intelligence and analysis.
- Management of procurement processes for a select group of technically complex goods, services within UNMAS Mali, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure sustainability of the procurement process.
- Prepare timely procurement plans for projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Establish Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and/or service contracts and other instruments, when necessary, either through standard or emergency procurement procedures in compliance with the Procurement Policy.
- Implement proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Recommend awards based on UNOPS procurement rules and procedures.
- Advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Programme Managers on procurement issues related to the procurement process and project cycle.
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers.
- Use the of-sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Groups’ goals and standards in this area.
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for UNMAS Mali personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in procurement.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Act as OIC when the Procurement Specialist is absent.
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with two (2) years of relevant experience or;
- First University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with four (4) years of relevant experience.
b. Work Experience
- Relevant experience is defined as experience carrying out procurement processes or procurement management.
- Experience in supervising personnel is desired.
- Fluency in English (Reading, Writing and Speaking) is required.
Knowledge of French is desired.
- Job City Bamako