Program Manager, Niger
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with the people they serve. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
We connect individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our ambitious goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
Reporting to the Viamo Director of Programs for Niger, this position will be based in Niamey. Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement campaigns via mobile. You will implement Viamo Niger’s project which currently consists of subrecipient and vendor roles on several USAID-funded projects. This will include managing programs, providing support, building capacity, and ensuring deliverables and reporting requirements are met and Viamo is fully contractually compliant. You may also be asked to participate in developing concept notes and budgets. The Program manager plays a crucial role in supporting the overall mission of Viamo in Niger. You will support the strategic vision of these projects for social and behavior change and the use of technology to create change linked to improved governance in Niger and youth empowerment outcomes.
- Advise the consortium on all technology design and implementation needs; carry out field-level training and pretesting of content, among other activities
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables
- Work with local and international partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects
- Support the management of the 3-2-5 Service (Airtel Labari) and facilitation of content creation workshops with partner organizations and their stakeholders, including relevant government agencies
- Oversee qualitative research, including small formative studies and pretesting content with the intended audience
- Prepare and submit subaward reports on behalf of Viamo
- Ensure the Viamo platform is fully functional, track statistics and produce data analysis as needed
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Niger
- Support the Country Director in representation to national government agencies and at local events advocating for the use of mobile technology.
Key Performance Indicators
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
- Execution of program deliverables according to the contract / work plan
- Revenue: project invoicing according to the schedule set out in the contract
- Partner satisfaction, measured by feedback and Net Promoter Score post-project
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Viamo Director of Programs for Niger
- Based in Niamey, with travel to regions as needed
- Legally authorized to work in Niger.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Minimum Bac+4 degrees and Experience of 5+ years in any combination of social enterprise, INGO, mobile network operator, and/or ICT4D
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proven experience in co-developing ideas with partners and strong workshop facilitation skills
- Proven Project management experience, including narrative and financial reporting and budgeting for international donors.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, interpretation and data reporting
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of national languages
- Experience implementing USG-funded projects
- Experience in Social Behavior Change (SBC) and in the design / implementation of qualitative research and /or communication monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated self-management skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Experience working as part of a consortium team.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
- Job City Niamey