Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for Application Sbmission: 4th September, 2019.
The purpose of the role is to Support the resource mobilization unit in the proposal development process including needs assessments, partner identification, drafting briefs and information packages for marketing purposes.
Dimension of Role:
Effectively manage communication with Partner Organizations, internal departments including Grants, Finance, HR and specialists throughout the proposal development process to obtain timely and quality input.
- Proactive assistance in the proposal development process by coordinating with technical specialists, finance, HR, procurement and other relevant departments to receive quality input in a timely manner to develop and submit high quality proposals that are aligned to donor regulations
- Effectively manage, update and develop project briefs, capacity statements, case studies and grant data for the humanitarian portfolio
- Liaise with implementing partners to put together information for bids
- Work closely with M&E to undertake assessments when required and finalize needs assessment report
- Assist in setting up proposal development workshops for grants worth over 1.5 million
- Work closely with Country Office Grants unit in supporting signing of new funding agreements FAD stage 1 and 2.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
A degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage). Experience in the INGO sector with at least 2-3 years of work experience in business development in humanitarian response.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, think and plan strategically, and communicate with key actors in a dynamic and unpredictable operating environment
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts especially within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Knowledge and skills: General knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and core standards e.g. CPIE Minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE and other relevant international standard for humanitarian response
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Proficiency in excel and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel within the North East Nigeria for at least 50% of the time
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Maiduguri