The Mental Health and Psycho-Social (MHPSS) technical Specialist is based in Juba country office to strengthen quality MHPSS programming under Education Cannot Wait (ECW) and across a portfolio of projects. The position is strategically designed to support in-country Implementing partners, Programme Mangers and MHPSS officers. A key marker of success will be measurable improvements in MHPSS capacity among partner and SCI staff as well as programming, and how it strengthens positive results for children. The specialist is expected to provide technical inputs and guidance throughout the project lifecycle, from community assessment to proposal development and design, through implementation, monitoring and evaluation. In addition, the Specialist will stay abreast of programming developments within Save the Children, such as Common Approaches, and industry developments while maintaining relationships with key players in the thematic space and within Save the Children Members. The focus of this position is to build in-country capacity to exceed expectations on high-quality MHPSS programming, and facilitate a community of practice in South Sudan. The position requires regular travel across country.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Master degree in child psychology (clinical or educational) or related field (e.g., Masters in Social work, Masters in Social Science), or equivalent training/experience. (Substantial relevant working experience in an international environment may be accepted in lieu.)
- 6 -9 years’ field work experience implementing, managing, and/or providing technical assistance to programs in developing countries with a focus on MHPSS; focus on child and youth programming desirable.
- Proven experience in CP and MHPSS assessment, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present clearly and effectively at all levels, as well as cross-culturally, and manage through influence.
- Experience in writing proposals and/or integrating MHPSS effectively in design, especially large and complex programmes in both development and humanitarian settings.
- Proven ability to conduct needs assessments of individual projects, and a portfolio of projects.
- Training skills, both face-to-face and by webinars, to communicate new information and change behaviours amongst professionals of all levels.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
- Ability to synthesize and develop high-quality knowledge products from diverse data sources including programmatic materials and tools.
- Experience working independently and solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in from multiple stakeholders.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of international contract terms and conditions.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Job City Juba, South Sudan