About ICS SP
We work towards a better future for children. Together with families, communities and other stakeholders we initiate programmes that create safe and nurturing environments for them. We are looking for individuals with a passion to make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people to join us in our journey of building stronger, capable and connected families where children are well nurtured and enabled to realize their hopes and aspirations. Visit www.icsafrica-sp.org to know more about us.
Job Function: Programs Intern**
Reports to: Project officer
Duration: Six (6) months**
Purpose of function
Under the Project officer, the programs intern will provide support in the implementation of projects activities for the smooth running of the project. The intern will assist the programs teams in the continued implementation of ongoing initiatives and interventions.
Roles and responsibilities
· Organize and participate in capacity building activities including training and field activities.
· Assist the project officer in following-up on field activities.
· Organize and participate in events, conferences and any other project-related initiatives to provide or receive information and support the needs of the attendees and Project Officer.
· Assist in drafting and preparing documents.
· Support in maintaining organization database to provide up-to-date information.
· Ensuring timely and organized filing of project documentation for easy access and retrieval. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records.
· Assist in the daily activities of the programs team by supporting administration tasks as and when necessary.
· Liaise effectively with all levels of internal staff and external stakeholders.
· Ensure information requested on projects is presented accurately and on time.
· Collection, summarization and entry of data from the field.
· Write activity reports based on agreed-upon timelines.
· Work with community facilitators and mentors to ensure quality service delivery.
· Coordination of procurement and delivery of material to field sites.
· Proactively identifying problems and delays that may arise and proposing potential solutions.
· Perform any other duty as assigned.**
· A Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
· Three (3) months experience in a similar role.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ready to gain hands-on experience.
· Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Works well with others and have the ability to multitask
How to apply
If you have a passion to make a difference in children and young people’s lives, send your application letter and resume to [email protected] Deadline for submitting applications is 28th September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
ICS SP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to protecting the rights and welfare of children and young people.
- Job City Kenya