The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of IDH (Sustainable Trade Initiative) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s project location in Lagos:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Contract: 1-year renewable contract
Recruitment Type: National
- Be responsible for administrative functions such as hosting visitors, respond to inquiries, planning workshop/meeting, drafting correspondence and scheduling appointment, and general office management including managing office supplies inventory;
- Be responsible for travel arrangement, hotel booking, facilitate procurement of necessary visa, and travel documentation for team members and partners;
- Maintain basic financial records on projects implemented by IDH Nigeria;
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports while getting approval to have viewing right to the budget;
- Handle payment of all approved payments request and liaise with the banks;
- Liaise with West-Africa Regional Administrator, IITA Finance Directorate, and other Units to ensure compliance with IITA procedure and timely response to requests;
- Ensure accurate recording of minutes at a meeting;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other business-related discipline with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent computer skills with good knowledge of Excel, Word PowerPoint, and other MS office applications.
- Excellent understanding of administrative function, budgeting and financial management procedure.
- Excellent English reporting, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; taking initiative and work under pressure.
- Good team spirit and a team player.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- Job City Lagos