f you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
We are a nonpartisan institute chartered by Congress to tackle the world’s toughest problems. Working in conflict zones around the world, our staff advise and support the military, government officials and community leaders – to promote knowledge and practices that prevent, mitigate and resolve violent conflict. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
The Project Assistant – Nonviolent Action will be based in Tunis, Tunisia and will be supervised by the MENA Development and Evaluation Officer. The Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting USIP initiatives under the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) regional portfolio. S/he will provide day-to-day administrative and logistical support to the program and will coordinate with the necessary departments for a smooth implementation of projects.
- Provide effective logistical and administrative support for the successful implementation of projects and activities for the MENA regional portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to: contract submission, document preparation for payments, vendor contacts, and preparation of event budgets;
- Coordinate project expenditures and disbursements following approval from Project Officers or other project team members;
- Contribute to first drafts of project reports when necessary, including financial reports;
- Coordinate project-related meetings, events, etc.;
- Plan project-related travel for relevant USIP staff, project participants, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Manage communications with stakeholders;
- Update program databases and documents as necessary to ensure the knowledge management of USIP’s programs;
- Make appointments, attend meetings, and take notes as needed;
- Work closely with the regional and in-country administrative and logistical team;
- Ensure the highest level of communication and cooperation with relevant USIP departments/teams;
- Support efforts to represent the project and USIP regional MENA programs in internal and external events and meetings, disseminate information about USIP projects, findings, and subject matter expertise;
- Support Program Officer to ensure projects’ staff follow USIP policies and procedures: security, finance, administration, and operations;
- Maintain a high level of security awareness at all times;
- Represent USIP when/where necessary;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or related field required;
- Two (2) or more years of related experience, experience in logistics and/or events planning an asset;
- A very strong command of English, French and Arabic;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- This is a Fixed-Time Term Personal Services Contractor position.
- Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience and with USIP pay scale.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email [email protected]. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job City Tunis