Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning; HIV and AIDS prevention and treatment; malaria prevention and treatment; primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck for Mothers, Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Project Assistant – UNESCO (Contract)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Temporary
Contract Duration: 5 months
The Project Assistant will support research work for the UNESCO project to determine the availability and access to school rules that prevent school-related gender-based violence. The Project Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Work with Project Director to prepare effective project and implementation plans and review and monitor project activities.
- Provide support to the research team to complete the project within the allotted timelines and budget.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned research projects.
- Perform other day to day management and project administrative tasks and resolve issues promptly
- Act as primary contact for client communication.
- Must possess a first Degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing project data and providing support for research activities
- Ability to develop good reports, high level interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of M&E skills and good knowledge of research methods
- Excellent data analysis and reporting ability
- Computer proficiency, including word and excel
- Job City Abuja, Nigeria