DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance livelihoods, resilience and peace. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit: http://danchurchaid.org
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Coordinator – Sustainable pyrethrum market system development project in Kenya**(Daisy) Project. The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel within Nakuru, Nyandarua, West Pokot and Elgeyo Marakwet Counties and reports to the Area Programme Manager – Nakuru Office. The Daisy project is a 42-month intervention that aims at contributing to a sustainable business eco-system, improved and resilient livelihoods for smallholder farmers and workers engaged in the pyrethrum sub-sector in Kenya.***The main responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are:***
- Lead in the coordination and day to day implementation of the project including delivery of DCA-led project activities, budget oversight, work planning and reporting. This entails development and execution of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Technical lead in partners capacity building and training on**thematic areas of financial inclusion, enterprise development, community savings and loaning schemes, including content generation, training and follow-up, and support in deployment of training to target project beneficiaries.
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovation initiatives at the field level in close consultations with the Area Programme Manager, Head of Programme, DCA consortium partners and relevant key stakeholders. These will include digitizing key elements in the pyrethrum value chain interventions by DCA and partners as well as improving technical solutions in reducing pre & post-harvest losses.
- Ensure that all financial and narrative reporting (internal and external) are completed in a timely and accurate manner (including quarterly reports covering systems and projects, donor reports, etc.)
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitized baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Area Programme Manager.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Area Programme Manager from time to time.
- University level education in business, development studies, social sciences or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical and demonstrable skills and hands on experience us a master trainer on economic empowerment (including aspects of business and enterprise development, financial literacy and financial inclusion, responsible business conduct and/or corporate social responsibility).
- Demonstrable expertise in agri-business support, organizational capacity**development and intensive lobbying and advocacy aimed at enhancing economic empowerment of smallholder farmers.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
- Operational knowledge of working in the pyrethrum sub-sector is an added advantage
The deadline for applications is: 8th August 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The position is for 3 years. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance with experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.
- Job City Nakuru