World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Project Coordinator
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Oyam District
Purpose of the position:
To oversee and ensure that all activities related to project are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed World Vision Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to project activities in the designated districts in Northern Uganda
Project Management and development
- Provide overall leadership, management and guidance to the implementation of the project
- Guide and provide technical support to project staff.
- Manage and coordinate project activity implementation.
- Strengthen capacity of implementing partners when and where necessary as per project design
- Review project documents
Project Monitoring and Evaluation, documentation and reporting
- Facilitate effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with agreed standards
- In liaison with the Evidence and learning specialists, ensure a functional project M&E system
- Timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Effectively document all information related to project success, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms
Performance management and supervision
- Manage, supervise and build capacity of staff to implement, monitor and report on the project activities as required including ensuring that work within the team is planned and organized to meet the projects needs in the most cost effective manner
- Conduct quarterly and annual staff performance appraisals
- Monitor and document performance of partners
- Ensure staff are fully engaged and actively contributing to various initiatives
- Establish a staff partnership mechanism aligning performance to WVI global strategy and ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with WVU policies and procedures
Finance/budget and asset management
- Manage project finances and assets in line with WV and donor policies
- Budget management and control- project budget expenditure is within the planned time frame and approved budgets.
- Financial management – work with the project accountant(s) to ensure timely financial reporting and accountability in line with donor policy guidelines.
- Provide required support during project audit
- Risk management – Monitor and address or report any risks to management.
- Asset management – manage assets for the project in line with assets and other policy and set guidelines.
Local level Networking and collaboration
- Build and maintain effective strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other LOCAL stakeholders for effective implementation of the project.
- Engage and work closely with district and national level networks/institutions/organizations relevant to promoting and increasing adoption of quality declared seeds through local seed business model
- Collaborate with different research institutions to enhance timely access to quality basic/ foundation and breeder seeds for QDS production.
- Ensure project advocacy initiatives are implemented in line with WVUs Advocacy agenda
- Strengthen the Northern Uganda Local Seed Business Association(NULSBA) through organizing multi-stakeholders meetings
- Organize and hold regular reflection and/or learning meetings with project stakeholders as planned
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Rural Development or relevant agricultural discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing agricultural projects, 3 of which should have been at a supervisory level.
- Knowledge and experience with promotion of quality declared seeds through implementation of the local seed business model is an added advantage
- Climate smart agriculture, Entrepreneurship, Micro finance, strong agribusiness and value chain development knowledge
- Knowledge of M&E, documentation and reporting
- Proven experience in people and project management, developing partnerships and Private sector engagement
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Job City Uganda