Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Project Management developing our projects.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: Fixed term
Duration 6 months
Starting date: ASAP
- Postgraduate diploma in International Development and (or) relevant Master’s level degree (anthropology, development studies, humanitarian aid, sociology)
- Strong writing abilities and analytical skills
- Skills in political sciences or international relations
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, and donor relations are required
- Previous experience abroad is required.
- Salary defined by the Young Aid International salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and
- performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Transportation costs covered
Positioning and Fundraising:
- Context Analysis:
- Analyse the country’s socio-economic situation, (donor) trends, needs and gaps;
- Regularly conduct stakeholder analysis, in particular who does what and where (3W)
- Alert the Country Director of gaps and emerging needs in order to trigger assessments in a timely manner;
- Contribute to the development of a country programme strategy in alignment with Young Aid International regional strategy;
- Assist the CD in identifying strategic opportunities for expanding Young Aid International’s work in the country;
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with donors and act as point of contact for all donor communication, including the coordination of donor visits in the field;
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, working groups.
- Ensure the establishment and regular update of a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders;
- Lead the reporting to national and local authorities as required by Young Aid International’s registration/legal status in country;
- In the absence of Technical Coordinators, represent Young Aid International’s in key clusters, working groups and (I)NGO coordination bodies.
Fundraising and proposal development:
- Identify funding opportunities
- Identify new donors for diversifying Young Aid International donors’ portfolio
- Contribute to the identification of potential relevant international and/or local partners (private sector partners, national and international NGOs etc.) to be included in proposals;
- Update on a monthly basis the Donor Follow Up (DFU) which documents latest negotiations and proposal possibilities with donors;
- Liaise with CD to contribute to the ToRs of assessments to be conducted for proposal development and ensure their input in the logframe development (in particular the formulation of SMART indicators);
- Oversee the development of fundraising documents (Expression of Interests, concept notes, proposals) in line with Young Aid International country strategy and donor requirements and in close collaboration with Young Aid International GMU (Grant Management Unit) and finance;
- Liaise with Area Coordinators, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensure that proposals are relevant and technically sound;
- Ensure that learning from previous projects (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) is incorporated into new proposals;
- Ensure the involvement of FLATS teams in the development of fundraising documents, particularly finance for the budget and logistics in case of specific donor procurement rules.
- Support the Country Director in negotiating proposals and/or contracts with donors;
- Address in a timely manner all comments by donors on proposals in liaison with relevant staff in country and Young Aid International’s GMU and finance;
- Read thoroughly all contracts before signature, seeking Young Aid International GMU and finance advice when required.
- Contract follow-up:
- Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting
- When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform relevant staff in country and seek Young Aid International Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules.
- Ensure project kick-off and close out meetings are conducted for each project;
- Oversee the development of quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner, in liaison with Young Aid International GMU and finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow;
- Liaise with FLATS teams when preparing reports, esp. with finance to ensure greater coherence between financial and narrative reports by crosschecking the matching of data in the narrative and financial reports;
- Work in close relation with AMEU to incorporate AME data (incl. data on input, process, output, outcome and impact indicators, lessons learnt and best practices) in reports and review M&E reports;
- Update monthly the Reporting Follow Up (RFU) and ensure smooth and regular communication with Young Aid International GMU;
- Ensure ad hoc requests from donors are addressed in liaison with the CD, Programme and support teams.
- Liaise with partners to develop and sign relevant grant agreements in close coordination with Young Aid International’s GMU and finance;
- Ensure all potential partners have a clear understanding of what is expected in terms of reporting so as to comply with Young Aid International and donor requirements and regulations;
- Ensure partners report to Young Aid International in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement.
Management and Internal Coordination
- Ensure that staff in the department understands and is able to perform its roles and responsibilities;
- Manage a team of Project Development Officers, Interns and Assistants delineating their responsibilities and follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts between departmental staff members;
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management;
- Identify the PDD training needs, discuss plans with the coordination and HR for both internal and external trainings, and implement them according to PDD strategic and operational priorities;
- Coach, train, and mentor the PDD team with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the PDD team and providing professional development guidance.
Internal Coordination and Communication:
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing from the Base, to the Area, Capital, and even up to the regional offices by ensuring implementation of Young Aid International’s coordination mechanisms and dissemination to relevant staff;
- Ensure these meeting minutes are sent monthly to HO;
- Ensure regular and clear communication with Young Aid International’s GMU and finance to keep it updated about latest development, so that GMU can best advice you ahead of a task.
- Implement a filing system end ensure the proper filing of contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies.
- Oversee the PDD’s contributions to Young Aid International’s external communication strategy by feeding regularly Young Aid International’s HO Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for Young Aid International’s communication tools, including, but not limited to, Young Aid International’s Newsletter, websites and Young Aid International Annual Report;
- Ensure the continuum of PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project-specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring Young Aid International in the media;
- Manage Young Aid International’s in country communication activities including media visits, photographer’s mission, videos, etc.;
- Oversee the update and design of in country communication and visibility tools and publications, their dissemination and availability to Young Aid International’s teams, as well as the capitalization of media and pictures of the mission;
- Follow, contribute to, draft and disseminate position papers, statements, reports and releases on Young Aid International’s engagements and humanitarian advocacy, in line with Young Aid International in country and global strategy as well as positioning, in close collaboration with the country director as well as HO communication and programme departments.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications including cover letter and CV’s and references to: [email protected] under Ref: YAIDI/NG/PDM/201801 or Click on the Apply Button Below, Fill all necessary dialog and Send Your Cover letter and CV on a PDF format.
- Job City Maiduguri, Borno State