Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and tocompile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director
Duration: 8 months
Open To: All qualified candidates
- This position is contingent on award of funding. The Project Director will provide leadership on the provision of comprehensive baseline landscape of women’s groups and more specifically Women Empowerment Collectives: number, number of members, composition of SGs, (male/ female), geographic distribution including geolocation. Information provided to be analyzed, synthesize and presented to inform and support the evolution of women’s groups into platforms that can drive women’s economic empowerment outcomes.
- S/he will serve as the primary point of contact to the donor, Government authorities at national and local levels, and other key stakeholders. S/he will lead the development and delivery of program trainings and technical assistance and ensure the technical quality of all project activities.
Technical and Management Responsibility:
- Ensure high-quality, results-oriented technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and approved workplans and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements.
- Lead the technical and programmatic design of award and partner programs; represent Pact in negotiating with donors and partners.
- Act as a liaison to and ensure effective relationships with relevant donors, GoN, sub-partners, and other key stakeholders ensuring strong cooperation and collaboration
- Ensure the achievement of outputs in line with the approved work plan through the day-to-day planning, management, and implementation of activities
- Facilitate continuous quality assessment and learning reviews for further refinement of project models and activities
- Lead on all advocacy meetings and relevant stakeholder meetings organized by the donor and others to ensure close coordination with key projects and stakeholders
- Prepare work plans and regular donor reports for the project
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested
- Oversight of research staff conducting in-depth assessments of program activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation Responsibility:
- Design project specific Performance Monitoring Plans as well as Monitoring and Evaluation Plans at Pact and partner levels.
- Conduct baseline mapping and analysis activities in the national SG and WECs space.
- Responsible for the development of relevant M&E tools, formats, and the provision of technical training for Pact’s partner staff.
- Lead the comprehensive landscape mapping of national Women Empowerment Collectives (savings groups, initiatives) and ensure accurate analysis of the data, synthesizes, present and disseminate the information collected to the Donor and stakeholders.
- Monitor data entry process and ensure program is utilizing Pact’s database.
- Responsible for reviewing regular program reports prepared by program staff for submission to donor.
- Ensure program staff and senior management are using data collected to make informed and timely decisions related to program implementation
- Contribute to program management through ongoing integration of M&E findings into program activities.
Financial Management Responsibility;
- Ensure effective and efficient financial resources management
- Ensures integrity of financial and administrative operations in the program through oversight of financial and budgetary aspects of the project
- Ensure application of Pact’s and donor rules and regulations
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as M&E, Informatics, Demography or any advanced degree in a related discipline
- At least 8 years of experience in gender equality and women’s economic empowerment programming and strategies (including the WEC Learning Agenda themes/learning questions).
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience in strong leadership and management skills to effectively and efficiently implement international projects through evidence and data driven decision making;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders, including international organizations, NGO partners, Government Institutions, and private sector entities.
- Experience in designing and executing mapping and analysis in the SG and WEC space.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and report data in visual presentation and present geospatial information is an added advantage.
- Experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based MEL activities. Strong preference for those that have led MEL for international donors.
- Experience in data analysis, data visualization, GIS, program development, and implementation with field experience required
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills
- Progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation including working with women’s group
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 27th July, 2020. (COB)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: [email protected]
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s / Resume / Applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
- Job City Abuja