We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
E4A-MamaYe (E4A) fosters sustainable local advocacy partnerships which bring together disparate actors to share information and navigate political processes and interests to make health systems accountable to women’s needs.
The E4A-MamaYe project team at Options seeks a Project Director who is committed to making health systems more accountable and responsive to women’s needs through grassroot advocacy partnerships. We are looking for someone to lead this innovative project in a way that is transformative, sustainable and upholds its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
The summary purpose of this role is to:
- Provide high-level technical expertise and inspiration across the programme to guide effective implementation and ensure activities lead to outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Advance the project’s reputation as an agile program by enhancing visibility with target audiences. Including uptake of the project’s Global Public Goods.
- Manage, mentor, coach and support a multi-expert, diverse project team in a way the keeps them motivated and encouraged to think out-of-the-box in order to deliver maximum impact.
- Expand the project technical and geographic reach by attracting new donors
To be successful in this role:
- Visionary and inclusive leader who is committed to making health systems more accountable and equitable, so that they provide quality RMNCH and FP services for women and children.
- Experience of developing and maintaining close working relationships with clients and partners, and demonstrable experience of winning new business.
- Experience leading multi-country and multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication and knowledge sharing skills
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice and believe in the right to access comprehensive SRH services
- We seek people who share our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and who are committed to furthering anti-racism within the aid and development sector.
- We strongly encourage nationals of countries in the sub-Saharan Africa region to apply.
How to apply
- Closing date for applications is: 15 February 2022
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Job City Kenya, Nigeria