Positive Planet International
Positive Planet International (PPI) is a non-profit organization with a mission to help men and women across the world to create the conditions for a better life for future generations. Positive Planet was created out of the growth and transformation of PlaNet Finance, which had a mandate to fight poverty through the development of an inclusive financial sector. Having developed our experience in microfinance, which remains an important component of our activities, Positive Planet has expanded to also run projects centred on entrepreneurship, financial education and value chains. The headquarters of Positive Planet are in Paris, France, and a regional office is located in Maadi, Egypt. For more information, visit www.positiveplanet.ngo.
The Project Manager will play a key leading role in planning, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of one of Positive Planet International projects. Reporting to the Country Manager, S/he will provide regular technical assistance and coaching to project partners at the national and regional level in either implementing current projects or developing new ones.
Areas of Responsibilities
· Lead and oversee the effective implementation of the project objectives, ensuring high quality and timely deliverables to fulfil our obligations to stakeholders at all levels;
· Prepare and regularly update the budget for the entire grant period; and oversee all expenditures;
· Lead the hiring of the project consultants and short term experts ensuring that delivery is cost effective, and integrated.
· Support in the development of program design and implementation to ensure that the project achieves concrete, measurable results that lead to positive changes in the lives of youth targeted by the project;
· Supporting partner organizations in implementing the project activities.
· Reviewing partner policies and procedures, and providing recommendations for changes.
· Putting in place process and procedures to steer and facilitate communication with partner NGOs.
Reporting and Coordination
· Ensure accurate monitoring & evaluation and indicator tracking plans for the different project components, developing additional monitoring & evaluation tools as necessary to monitor project progress;
· Ensure developing timely and quality technical and financial reports as per PPI and the project donor’s requirements against the agreed indicators;
· Compile concise quantitative and qualitative reports on a monthly, and quarterly basis;
· Ensure that ongoing program monitoring/learning feeds into alterations into program design.
· Collaborate actively with the local partners in the field; solicit advice and feedback and work with their teams.
· Develop and foster relationships with donors, partners, government authorities, private sector and other actors to ensure continued support for PPI programs and enlist their support and assistance in working towards achieving sustainable and replicable program models.
Planning and Budgeting:
· Designing , in close collaboration with the finance team, activity plans, budgets and financial reports.
· Review the project budget regularly and provide solid solutions on how to overcome any over/under spent budget lines.
· Provide guidance on budgeting, forecasting, rephrasing, tracking/monitoring and reporting to the project team.
· Follow up with the Finance team to ensure timely disbursements of funds to local partners and assessment and vetting of local partners where appropriate.
Representation and Communication
· Represent the project in stakeholders meetings in the implementation sites, where necessary.
· Provide regular updates on the project activities implemnetation
· Produce, in close collaboration with HQ communication department, communication materials for the project brief, progress and final achievements.
· Master’s degree in Business/Economics, Development, Management or Business Administration.
· 5+ years of experience in project management (preferably EU funded ones), and/or designing and delivering financial and non-financial services.
· Highly developed conceptual thinking and design experience
· Open to ambiguity, experimentation and iterative learning through action based research and experience on the ground
· Hold self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Experience working in multicultural teams
· Ability to travel outside Cairo (more than 50% of the time)
· Excellent knowledge and command on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Ability to work independently and to remain flexible, adaptable and reliable.
· Ability to hit the ground running, upon hiring.
· Experience of working with local NGOs in Upper Egypt.
· Advanced skills in proposal writing, fund raising and donor relation (desired).
· Excellent organizational and communication skills (particularly writing), with fluency in English and Arabic required, French is a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send an updated CV and a motivation letter in English to [email protected] no later than 29th of February 2020 with “PPI Project Manager” in the subject line
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
· Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
· Incomplete applications wont be considered(sending a CV only without a motivation letter or vice versa).
- Job City Egypt