The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a project manager to oversee and deliver a key USAID funded project in Kenya. This role will be based out of Nairobi and is offered on a four year fixed-term contract basis.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The USAID funded, Mfumo Imara Lishe Endelevu (MILE) project, translating as Solid System, aims to sustainably reduce levels of acute malnutrition among vulnerable populations in Isiolo and Marsabit counties of ASAL regions of Kenya. GAIN will work amongst other partners to build on its expertise in developing and testing market-based innovations in the Kenyan food system to facilitate greater availability of nutritious and diverse foods in target county markets.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Project Manager will monitor and manage the progress of MILE Project in Kenya. Key responsibilities include;
- Leading on all the MILE related technical assistance and implementation activities as defined in the project proposal and work plan.
- Ensuring that the interventions by different partners are coordinated so that overall project milestones and goals are met, providing technical support as required.
- Oversee financial control and proactively review, make recommendations and report on programmatic activities to support the delivery of GAIN’s strategic plan for MILE in Kenya.
- Solid experience international development experience in Kenya as a project manager
- Proven experience in delivering projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
- Strong understanding of Kenya’s food system, including food production and food safety considerations
- Experience working in Isiolo and Marsabit counties of ASAL regions of Kenya or northern Kenya.
- Experience working in a public/private partnership environment.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Job City Nairobi