Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that addresses the health and human rights of sex workers.
SWEAT seeks to appoint a Project Officer, to be based in Cape Town.
The post is currently funded up until the end of December 2018, with the possibility of extension thereafter.
The purpose of the position is to ensure that the relevant implementers at SWEAT are supported with the coordination, planning, logistics and implementation of activities in line with the existing project timeline and budget.
- Understand and coordinate the implementation of a portfolio of activities
- Assist with planning and logistical arrangements
- Assist directly in the implementation of activities when requested by the relevant programme manager
- Report to, support and update the overall project coordinator monthly on activity progress
- Work with the finance department and other support units to ensure smooth implementation of all activities
- Relevant diploma in project management would be an advantage
- Experience in office administration or as an assistant to a senior manager
- Experience in implementing activities within an NGO setting would be an advantage
- Experience in working in the nonprofit sector
- Experience in managing logistical tasks
- Extremely organised and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, as well as time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Team player, ability to work effectively with diverse role-players
- Driver’s license would be an advantage
- Computer skills in both Word and Excel
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter to Jayne Arnott at [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date consider your application as unsuccessful.
SWEAT reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- Job City Cape Town