Position Title: Project Officer (Community Stabilization)
Duty Station: Niamey, Niger
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 26 July 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programmes, and the direct supervision the Project Manager Community Stabilization, the successful candidate will provide support in the coordination of community stabilization activities in the mission. IOM Niger’s Community Stabilization (CS) projects in the region of Agadez aim to mitigate and reduce the negative effects that irregular migration may have on host communities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager in the strategic planning of community stabilization activities as well as the development of implementation modalities through close collaboration with field staff, government representatives at national and local levels, beneficiary communities, and other relevant stakeholders in Niger.
- Coordinate activities with other IOM units – Finance, Logistics and Procurement, among others, for a smooth implementation of project activities.
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring and assessing programme implementation and assist in achieving maximum efficiency in programme delivery through timely Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and reporting:
• Develop standardized M&Etools for the community stabilization projects and ensure accurate and reliable data collection, entry, storage, validation, analysis and eventually results dissemination in a timely manner.
• Support in the analysis of data, including generation of routine statistical and analytical reports as required
• Design M&E matrices and logical frameworks as required by programming needs.
• Coordinate with field staff to supervise the implementing partners conducting research for the projects such as baseline studies, mid-term and final evaluations and compile lessons learned from activities and beneficiary feedback for the revision of strategies and action plans of the community stabilization activities
- Assist the Project Manager in the proper documentation and reporting of activities and projects carried out; ensure supportive documents for the projects are recorded in the database and draft portions of donor reports.
- Undertake travel duties as required to provide technical guidance to project staff and implementing partners and to compile field monitoring reports highlighting implementation challenges and solutions.
- Facilitate and encourage the integration of cross-cutting issues such as gender, children, and other vulnerable groups in the project and considered in the office’s activities.
- Contribute to resource mobilization efforts, identifying potential new project opportunities and contributing to the preparation of project proposal.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Job City Niamey