Purpose of the position:
Enhancing –Water Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) Project is a United States Agency International Development (USAID) funded project designed to work with Metropolitan Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDA), Ministries, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders with an objective of improving WASH program planning, budgeting, and quality of service delivery. The project will aspire to strengthen the systems and structures at MMDAs with the objective of improving governance and sustainable management of WASH systems. Since enhancing governance remains a pre-requisite to ensure WASH program sustainability, the project will be working with the respective targeted MMDAs and other stakeholders to achieve this objective.
With the overall coordination and supervision of the E-WASH Project Coordinator, the E-WASH Project Officers will be responsible to roll out the day-to-day implementation and reporting of the project activities in accordance with the detailed job description of the position.
- Conduct needs assessment to identify intervention gaps in the targeted MMDAs to determine project interventions.
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure buy-in and support for program implementation
- Prepare plans based on needs assessment conducted
- Coordinate the implementation of targeted activities across the targeted MMDAs as per plan & within approved budget
- Ensure alignment between planned targets and achieved and plan for correction measures where necessary
- Ensure implementation is done with the necessary stakeholders to promote ownership and sustainability
Data Quality and Report Writing:
- Ensure availability of qualitative and quantitative Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) data and information for preparation of quality donor reports
- Facilitate timely and quality reports to Project Coordinator at agreed schedules.
- Work with the E-WASH Project Coordinator to prepare project procurement plans as per approved plan/budget
- Provide support on logistical, administrative, and financial components for implementation, ensure compliance procedures with substantive support from Project Coordinator, and Finance Officer.
Coordination and Engagement:
- Engage and coordinate with MMDAs and other stakeholders for the day-to-day project activity implementation and reporting.
- With support from the Project Coordinator, ensure proper representation of World Vision Ghana (WVG) at District and regional learning and other consultative events
- Organize and coordinate project visits to targeted MMDAs by WVG leadership, the Prime Organization & other stakeholders.
- Ensure visits are well planned and executed.
Risk management and audit:
- Ensure implementation of any Audit findings and Risk Assessment recommendations for the E -WASH projects.
- Monitor and document the impact of recommendations from interventions within the targeted MMDAs.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL):
- Develop lessons learnt and stories to promote innovations garnered from the E-WASH project
- Be capable of steering research and evidence gathering engagements with strategic partners in collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation officer and Project Coordinator.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
Educational level required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Integrated Development Studies, and/or Engineering, Behavioral Science, Public Health, Project Management, or any related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required in Development Studies.
- Must have a Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in the WASH Sector.
- Deep understanding of community-based approaches, including clear involvement of children, women, and People with disabilities in project interventions.
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
- Experience in working with a consortium is an advantage, particularly a USAID funded project.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Proven ability to communicate on WASH topics with diverse groups.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support in the development and roll out of WASH programs/projects.
- Strong communicator at all levels with ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Demonstrate passion to the empowerment of vulnerable people in rural communities.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Experience in community entry, mobilization, and development facilitation.
- Proven writing and presentation skills to frame project details to a varietyof audiences.
- Demonstrate excellent reporting skills.
- Perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- Job City Greater Accra