If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
We are a nonpartisan institute chartered by Congress to tackle the world’s toughest problems. Working in conflict zones around the world, our staff advise and support the military, government officials and community leaders – to promote knowledge and practices that prevent, mitigate and resolve violent conflict. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
The Project Officer – Nonviolent Action will be based in Tunis, Tunisia and will be supervised by the MENA Program Development and Evaluation Officer. The PO will provide overall support to USIP’s Middle East and North Africa (MENA) programs and projects on two main areas: Monitoring and Evaluation, and Nonviolent Action-themed projects. It will support related projects on the ground and will manage development and planning, monitoring & evaluation, and financial management for the SNAP (Synergizing Nonviolent Action and Peacebuilding) project, as described in the following sections. The incumbent will also perform other duties as assigned. This position reports to the MENA Program Development and Evaluation Officer.
Synergizing Nonviolent Action and Peacebuilding (80%)
- Handle project management, planning, budgeting, and M&E;
- Support project participant (and other stakeholders) identification and selection;
- Support implementation of project activities in line with established goals, objectives, and partnership agreements;
- Ensure all project activities are implemented within project timelines in a manner that meets project standards and objectives.;
- Monitors and evaluates project activities to meet program goals and objectives, and oversees the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Tracks the program budget to ensure that the program is operating within its budget limitations in order to meet its goals and objectives;
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships critical to the successful implementation of all activities;
- Support and deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for both internal and external project stakeholder, including responsibility for the development, editing and timely submission of any donor progress reports as required, coordinating with HQ and/or counterparts who are providing key inputs;
- Support research on related thematic areas as needed throughout the project and develop reports, analysis, etc. for USIP promotion;
- Identification and evaluation of problem areas or constraints that may inhibit attainment of project objectives.
Monitoring and Evaluation (regional) (15%)
- Create, develop and adapt relevant M&E tools and methodologies for different MENA programs;
- Ensure relevant tools and methodologies are shared with relevant staff and mentor staff on the use and application of these tools (when necessary);
- Review M&E reporting and provide feedback to country teams and relevant programs;
- Coordinate with the LER team;
- Support the Program Development and Evaluation Officer with other relevant M&E tasks as needed.
Other (general) (5%)
- Ensure the highest level of communication and cooperation with relevant USIP departments/teams.
- Support efforts to represent the project and USIP regional MENA programs in internal and external events and meetings, disseminate information about USIP projects, findings, and subject matter expertise.
- Support Program Officer to ensure projects’ staff follow USIP policies and procedures: security, finance, administration, and operations.
- Maintain a high level of security awareness at all times.
- Represent USIP when/where necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or related field required.
- Four (4) or more years of related experience.
- A very strong command of English, French and Arabic.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- This is a Fixed-Time Term Personal Services Contractor position.
- Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience and with USIP pay scale.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email [email protected]. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job City Tunis