Project Officer (SMART – WASH Project)
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Project Officer based in Gambella field office and will report to Project Manager.
Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the job is to implement Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia’s SMART project which mainly focuses to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all; end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture; and promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all. She/he will report to the Project Manager and works with the project assistant to implement the project in Gambella.
The job holders will be based in Gambella and reports to Project manager.
- Design, plan, implement, monitor SMART project activities
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual report and submit to project activity Manager
- Supervise field activities progress
- Support project activities including technical support
- Organizing, facilitating workshops and trainings in communities, institutions, Women groups schools, out of schools, natural, local leaders and other partners.
- Facilitate and participate in meeting and workshops.
- Facilitate community mobilization activities
- Participate in research activities
- In collaboration with project staffs boost the quality implementation of the project activities as per the project objectives and operational plans.
- Direct supervision and implementation of project activities.
- Compile report periodic internal and donor reports: monitor and report on relevant activities and outcome/impact and submit to M &E and program manager.
- Manage activity budgets including processing relevant financial transactions and implement the activities.
- Ensure collaboration and coordination with government and with other relevant partners, stakeholders
- Involve in site selection, feasibility assessment and monitoring of WASH schemes
- Implement economic empowerment activities for youth and women groups
- Organize, document and compile basic data on SMART project and community in the project implementation area
- Identify gaps in various activities and provide/propose relevant materials to the program manager
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- BSC in environmental health, water related engineering, water resources, or any WASH related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience which are directly WASH
- Professional work experience at implementing, Sanitation Marketing, CLTSH/ on economic empowerment approaches
- Excellent computer skill; Microsoft office ( word, excel and PowerPoint), SPSS and navigating the internet
- The candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving and networking skill.
- Should be a team player and work under minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of the local context, local language & NGO experience is a plus
Terms of employment: 1 year with possibility of extension based on availability of fund and performance
How to Apply
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through [email protected], to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is 26th January 2020. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
- Job City Gambela