Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here’s the story”) is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign. Nal’ibali seeks to spark and embed a culture of reading across South Africa, so that reading, writing, and sharing stories in all South African languages is part of everyday life. Nal’ibali has worked with state, civil society and business partners to make sure every South African child has opportunities to fall in love with books and stories. This includes founding partners DGMT, PRAESA (the Project for the Study of Alternative Education in South Africa) and Tiso Blackstar (formerly Times Media). Through advocacy, training, and high-quality reading material, Nal’ibali is helping to nurture a reading nation.
Nal’ibali seeks to appoint a Provincial Support Coordinator, to be based in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
The purpose of the Provincial Support Coordinator is to support, manage and coordinate regional activities to ensure the growth and successful delivery of the Nal’ibali campaign.
- Work with a cluster of partners, and a team of Literacy Mentors and volunteers
- Build a community of literacy practice in selected province, through strategic collaborations, capacity building efforts, and team performance management to reach an agreed goal or campaign target
- Ensure quality assurance, planning, and control of programme activities
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong partner relationships, delivering the key campaign communication messages and participating in media and campaign events
- Relevant degree or diploma advantageous
- Three to five years’ field work experience in the NGO sector
- An interest in mother tongue literacy development and/or education
- Experience in managing and mentoring dispersed teams
- Written and verbal skills in English and one other official language
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office skills
- Driver’s license and willingness to travel essential
- Team management experience
- Project management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Community Leadership
- Outstanding and enthusiastic facilitator
To apply, submit CV and motivational letter to [email protected]
- Job City Kwa-Zulu Natal