JOB TITLE: Psycho-Social Support Officer
LOCATION: Anka LGA (Zamfara State)
REPORTING TO: (Hierarchical): Senior Protection Officer: (Technical): PSS-GBV Specialist
Under the management of the Senior protection officer, the PSS officer will coordinate with the community volunteers and the management in responding to the psychosocial needs of the crisis affected IDPS in Anka in Zamfara State and work with the community volunteers to facilitate community-based activities, advocacy and sensitization effort that prevent, mitigate and respond to risk for safety and well being of affected population
Program quality and implementation
- The Psychosocial Officer assess and plans response mechanism that meet the needs of affected population
- Provide technical support and supervision for the implementation of PSS activities in-line with current best practices to the community volunteers
- Conduct individual assessments for the diagnosis of possible psychological disorders and the identification of a therapeutic intervention plan for people identified.
- Conduct capacity building training on psychosocial support services and other safe guarding action for community volunteers
- Facilitate procurement and distribution of NFI, Dignity Kits and PSS materials at Anka LGAs
- Coordinate au safety Audit when the objectives in the PSS intervention plan have been met and no further needs have been identified
- Coordinate the community sensitization activities
- Provide continuous psycho-social support via regular follow-up meetings, establishing a relationship built on trust and respecting confidentiality protocols
- Contribute to regular reporting, programme and proposal development, providing insight and analysis on PSS issues, challenges, gaps and best-practices
- Lead on distribution and ensure the distribution activity is in line with the best practice
Planning and Coordination
- Coordinate with relevant partners and develop psychosocial strategies and referral services to meet different needs of the affected population
- Coordinate with other partners to facilitate advocacy activities to improve the condition of affected population
- Monitor and ensure that the monthly FGDs are facilitated in coordination with community volunteers
- Represent INTERSOS in community meeting as required and maintain positive relationship with community leaders, local community structure and groups at various levels
- Contribute/coordinate regular service mapping, updates to the service directory and support the development of referral systems with different service providers and the local NGO/CSO partner;
- Support positive team dynamics and a healthy work environment where case workers feel comfortable and supported in sharing experiences, challenges and feelings
Reporting and Administrative
- Document all general protection activities as per INTERSOS and donor reporting regulations and transmit these on a weekly basis for compilation.
- Support the planning, implementation and reporting on all protection activities via weekly workplans, schedules and people management;
- Contribute in facilitation of procurement of program supplies
- Ensure timely payment of community volunteers by provide necessary support documents on timely
- Oversee the proper and safe filing and archiving of PSS client files and activity reports files to maintain data confidentiality as per INTERSOS and international standards
Other Duties and responsibility
- Flag PSS and security issues and contribute to the identification of appropriate responses
- Identify and assist in the analysis of PSS trends in the overall caseload;
- Strengthen existing community-based PSS and peer support group activities, where such exist and help to develop them where none currently exist
- Participate in external meetings and trainings on PSS issues, as well as case conferences with partners as needed
- Identify and report gaps in the availability and quality of PSS service provision in the target areas
- Any other activities specified by the supervisory/managerial team.
- Minimum 3-years of relevant work experience in psychology, social work, counselling, etc…;
- Minimum 1-year of relevant experience with an INGO, NGOs and/or local authorities in Nigeria;
- University degree in a related field (e.g. Psychology, Social Work, etc…);
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc…)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills;
- Leadership, people management and coaching skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases;
- Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context;
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa
Interested candidates should complete the form via the link and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 5th October 2022 at 4:00 PM.
Residents of Anka LGA(Zamfara) are strongly encouraged to apply.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.
- Job City Anka, Zamfara