The Public Health Expert will create a comprehensive Business Continuity Planning Toolkit for RCRC Health Centers to ensure the continuity of routine health services in RCRC NS Health Centers, in contexts of epidemic outbreaks and/or disasters. The toolkit will be developed in English first and will include tools/materials and a step-by-step approach to drafting a health center business continuity plan. The toolkit is to be translated to French before the phase of piloting in the francophone piloting countries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect existing evidence and experiences on the approach of Business Continuity Planning of the GDPC.
- Review existing literature on Continuity of Care of Health Structures in times of hazards and particularly during epidemics/pandemics as well as disasters.
- Consultation with RCRC National Societies as well as government officials and key stakeholders of pilot countries in the development of guidelines and strategies.
- Develop a toolkit including guidelines, tools, and approaches for the health centers to facilitate continuity of services during epidemic outbreaks and/or disasters (content of toolkit is detailed in the deliverable section below).
- Test the toolkit in the predefined zone of intervention in one health center for each country through the CP3 programme.
- Contribute to build epidemics and disaster preparedness capacities for Health Centers based on scientific evidence.
- Disseminate the Business Continuity Toolkit internally (RCRC) and externally.
Phase 1: Preliminary review phase
- Inception report including results of literature and desk review
- Key Informant interviews reports
- Development outline document
Phase 2: Toolkit development phase
- The validated Business Continuity Planning Toolkit with the following components (In English and French)
- Business Continuity Planning Guideline
- Business Continuity Planning Template for events such as epidemics and various natural and man-made disasters
- Business Continuity Planning Check-List
- Business Continuity Plan – Risk Assessment Matrix
- Business Continuity Plan – Risk Mitigation Approach
- Business Continuity Plan – Critical Incident Staff Matrix
- Delegation of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Business Continuity Plan – Recovery Strategy
- Maintenance and Sustainability Plan
Phase 3: Toolkit pilot testing and feedback phase
- Activity reports from toolkit pilot tests
- Report on recommendations to improve toolkit based on feedback and pilots
- Final validated Business Continuity Planning Toolkit
- Public Health background with understanding of epidemics prevention preparedness and response
- Knowledge or previous experience in health care facility management (preferably RCRC facilities)
- Knowledge or previous experience with approaches and concepts to epidemic and disaster preparedness, contingency planning, and business continuity planning
- Knowledge of the Red Cross Red Crescent movement
- Experience conducting ateliers and trainings with experience in pedagogical approaches and tools
- Experience in public health/humanitarian/development sector
- Experience in multicultural contexts
- Fluent in both English and French with excellent communication and writing skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and daily rate in USD to: [email protected] using “Public Health Expert (Congo)” as the subject of the email.